water shader for 6.5 commercial edition

Posted By: Jikito

water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/04/07 08:21

I just upgraded to 6.5, according to Aum 59 one of the shaders was supposed to work with commercial edition. I am not sure wich one I need to do it.
I tried the enviroment one, tried to change my skycube and i still get a default sky.. tried the mirrior one and i just get an unanimated grayish plane.
any suggestions?
Posted By: Blink

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/04/07 14:25

mirrors only work for professional. as far as the sky goes, did you look in the manual? there was a sky texture in one of the folders that comes with the new template_6 download. 6.50.6 i think.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/05/07 16:25

there is a shader that works with commercial, i'll have to find it, but it doesn't actually mirror it, you create a skycube out of the level, and it uses it and a normal map to make water, i'll try to find it and upload it for you
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/05/07 16:33

That shader uses a extra image to look up the information of your skycube. Changing your skycube in your level won't change this, you need to change the image file the shader reads from instead.

Cheers
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/05/07 17:03

You could use Sylex3. This includes mirror reflection of your world...

But Sylex3's a little hard to work with and implement correctly...
Posted By: piposlav

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/06/07 09:22

can you tell me,can i use sylex in standard/extra version ??? (what is lowest edition to use sylex plugin)
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: water shader for 6.5 commercial edition - 03/06/07 14:09

ah, yeah it's comm & pro only. Sorry...

I'm not sure why though...
© 2024 lite-C Forums