Render monkey !!!!

Posted By: SilentDemon

Render monkey !!!! - 11/24/07 07:17

hi there...
do you even hear about Render monkey ?
i want compiling my shaders with it but every time it show me error !!
when i write a shader in Notepad and use it ...it's working right.....but when i copy it to render monkey...for looking result it will be fail(error)....
what i must do ?
Posted By: D3D

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/24/07 07:49

I'm not using Rendermonkey, but why do you want to load your shader into Rendermonkey if you already say it's working fine? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around that you create a shader in Rendermonkey and then convert it to be used with Gamestudio!?
Posted By: adoado

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/24/07 11:58

Some preset shader variables specific to 3dgs must be changed in order to "port" the shader. If you don't do this, it won't work.

Thanks,
Adoado
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/24/07 12:52

I've never used RM myself too but I can recommend the FX composer from Nvidia, it's quite flexible and users friendly
But like adoado mentioned, 3dgs uses specific predefined variables to recognise the algorithm.

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: SilentDemon

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/25/07 04:39

wow .... thanks to all...
where i can find FX-Compressor ? is anybody can help me ?
Posted By: adoado

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/25/07 04:50

On the Nvidia Developer Website, its free. Although the new FX Composer, FX Composer 2 in my opinion is really bad, so I still use 1.8

Thanks,
Adoado
Posted By: tindust

Re: Render monkey !!!! - 11/25/07 06:40

Well, the FX Composer 2 needs you to have a rather new Video card installed. Something like GeForce 7800GS or better that has good Shader version 3.0 support.

You can find more info at this NVidia Forum.

FX Composerr 1.8 is really nice though even if you have to modify the shader code generated before using it in 3DGS.
cheers,
tindust
© 2024 lite-C Forums