Posted By: alfredm

HDR Shader - 02/27/08 20:34

Hello Everybody
Is there hdr shader that can be used in 3dgs
please help
tanx
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: HDR Shader - 02/27/08 21:31

HDR is not a shader but a rendering technique that can be used in shaders.
There were attempts to achieve effects with it in 3dGS, but not many were successful (from what I know). It also depends on what you want to achieve with hdrr.
Posted By: zazang

Re: HDR Shader - 02/28/08 09:16

yeah I think its high time there must be an HDDR support in A7.
I sound like a demanding newbie but I'm sure it will make the engine cooler
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 05:53

to do HDRR you must first switch the main render buffer to a floating point format(or at least some kind of wider buffer).

I do this via a DLL, but you may be able to able to do it in A7 using LiteC
Posted By: croman

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 17:59

Hi,

Sorry if this is stupid question, but can sphere engine work with 7.7.6?

Thanks,
Alen
Posted By: Joey

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 18:31

there _is_ such a thing as hdr support in a7. all you have to do is let the default view render in a floating point texture and apply bloom and tone mapping in the following stages.
Posted By: croman

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 18:36

And how to do that? Have you already tried that? Or you can make it from scratch?
Posted By: Joey

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 18:43

from what i know about the lite-c syntax i could try and make it from scratch. bloom and tone mapping shader included, of course... just kidding. but start with the following line:

Code:
camera->bmap = bmap_createblack(1024, 1024, 14444);

et voilą, your camera renders into a floating point texture. of course you should also apply a material to the camera allowing output of non-clamped values. don't know if the line above would suffice.

well, you should look up stages and shaders. that's way too time consuming for me now to write down in detail.

greetings, joey.

btw. the texture format description is confusing in the manual. 14? 12? 14444? wtf?
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: HDR Shader - 03/05/08 21:16

I will soon release my HDR shader to the public. I still have to improve some things before releasing the pack, though. (Still have problems implementing a good screen space ambience occlusion shader).
If i can't get the ambience occlusion shader done in ~12 days, i will release the rest of the pack, so you guys can at least play around with the other shaders
© 2024 lite-C Forums