Asking the BIG shader question.

Posted By: Zerodin

Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/03/03 23:11

So is a toon shader possible with 6.2? and if so, is there a tutorial for it?
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/03/03 23:54

Oh its possible alright, and it has already been done.

That was a test done by Alex Esslinger. Later on today you can check the Showcase 2 forums for a massive update on Biyu Biyu Rocket, with many more screenshots featuring this effect, only improved/modified to fit our game better.
Posted By: msKEN

Re: Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/04/03 01:05

If someone was smart they would put together a package of shaders and sell them, I know being an artist and not a programmer I would buy them in a second, especially a toon shader, and a shader that works with alpha maps.
Posted By: Zerodin

Re: Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/04/03 02:21

I wouldn't pay for it, why? because why pay for something someone else can show me how to do for free?
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/04/03 05:35

Im not a programmer either but have managed to implement some complex shaders.. not that i wrote all the code.. there are plenty of examples for shaders on the web... all it takes is some time invested.. in any case im sure in a few weeks we will have a decent collection of shaders posted here
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Asking the BIG shader question. - 12/04/03 07:07

Quote:

If someone was smart they would put together a package of shaders and sell them, I know being an artist and not a programmer I would buy them in a second, especially a toon shader, and a shader that works with alpha maps.

I was actually considering doing that, with all the effects that we are using in Biyu Biyu Rocket.

By the way, for those who want to see more Cel Shading in action, I posted BBR shots. You can view them in Showcase II.
© 2024 lite-C Forums