Animated Bubble Shader

Posted By: M3PHiSTOPH3L3S

Animated Bubble Shader - 02/03/04 13:34

Hello again. I was still bored after converting the fur shader so I decided to convert the Bubble Shader from Render Monkey too . A screenshot and script are on my homepage here. Its a pretty cool effect but the movement could be smoothed out i'm assuming by making more accurate lookups for it. It also looks pretty cool on character models, but can cause tearing on them. The script has an action named "bubbles" so all ya got to do is ad the script to your project and assign it to a model. The first texture is just the base map. The second is a environment map. I also played with the alpha channels. This shader uses vs1.1 and ps1.4. Once again, enjoy.

M3PHiSTO
Posted By: RAFU

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 02/03/04 13:44

your link is down at the moment..

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 02/03/04 13:47

Sorry about that -- just a typo in the URL. It should work now.

M3PHiSTO
Posted By: Drew

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 02/03/04 13:48

Excellent!! please keep converting shaders!
I beg you...going to try it now...
Check your PM...

Thanks!

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 02/03/04 13:59

Thank you. I will continue to convert shaders. I think this is an excellent way to learn shaders. I barely know anything about shaders but I can figure out what needs to be converted by looking at the shaders code. Not saying it doesnt look greek(it does) but thats why I'm thankful for comments in the RenderMonkey source, as well as Ventilator and oliver2s for contributing as well because I learned alot studying their shaders. I still have a long ways to go learning wise but hey not bad for 2 shaders in a day . I'm sure there is a much more efficient way to set up all the passes in the fur shader for example. Anyways feel free to comment.

M3PHiSTO

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 02/05/04 05:59

I have now updated the Bubble shader with more fluent movement but still not perfect. Big improvement though...

It can be found here.

M3PHiSTO
Posted By: mocosgames

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 06/07/05 03:00

I tried to use some of your shaders and there were script errors.
Posted By: ello

Re: Animated Bubble Shader - 06/07/05 06:27

i am sure because its dx8 - my idea frome the date of the posts:)
© 2024 lite-C Forums