Night vision shader - where would I start?

Posted By: Foxbat

Night vision shader - where would I start? - 04/19/04 13:19

I require a night vision effect for a project I'm working on, and I'm wondering whether a shader would be the way to go. To do this effect, everything on the screen would first need to be converted to grey-scale (black and white), and then mid greys would need to become bright green. The effect would also need to be switched on and off during the game in a split second. Could I do this with materials, or would a shader produce better results.

Thanks
Posted By: Julius

Re: Night vision shader - where would I start? - 04/19/04 15:17

One of the AUMs have a tutorial on this, but I don't know how effective this is.

Julian
Posted By: Foxbat

Re: Night vision shader - where would I start? - 04/20/04 16:51

Would you happen to know which AUM it's in? I've had a look through the later ones and cant seem to find it.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Night vision shader - where would I start? - 04/21/04 01:52

Well AUM does has explained it, but they have used a fairly outdated technique... They've simply put a sprite in front of the camera, and turn it on and off... I think you should ask ello about this, he's made some demo's with really amazing effects, by using this technique on models I believe... Don't expect to find a shader example in the older AUM's though..... It probably would be possible to use a shader effect on a model or sprite in front of the camera which produces a nice nightvision effect, but since I haven't got A6 com yet, I can't tell you how you should do it (yet )....

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums