radial blur!!

Posted By: ello

radial blur!! - 08/23/04 03:40

hi, here is something funny to play with for all pro owners(because of the rendered view usage)
first without shader:

and now:

find the shader on my website/downloads section in the ucfx folder.
you can load the ucfx.zip(includes a wdl file with all basic knowledge) to see how you get it to work, if you dont know it
the target has to be transparent and bright can also be used to make it this shiny

have fun.ello

ps: there are of course fps-issues as you may notice the shader uses 20passes . you can customize it to your needs just by changing it
Posted By: Lunz88

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 03:43

Looks cool
Why don't I own Pro
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 04:48

AAaarrrrgh!!! Ich hab vor kurzem verpasst als einer seine A6pro für 400$ verkauft hat hier im Forum. Soviel Geld habe ich aber für ne Pro ausm Conitec Shop reichts nicht :/ Und ich könnt den Effekt für die Sniper aus Superceleste gebrauchen *kreisch*
Posted By: Bird

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 05:05

Hehe
Das A6pro für 400$ hab' ich gekauft!
Ich werde dann diesen genial aussehenden, only-for-pro-shader ausprobieren
Danke Ello! sieht wirklcih umwerfend aus!
Posted By: Lunz88

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 05:09

,,Ich werde dann diesen genial aussehenden, only-for-pro-shader ausprobieren,,

Scherzkeks
Posted By: blaaaaa

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 05:28

In Antwort auf:

Hehe
Das A6pro für 400$ hab' ich gekauft!
Ich werde dann diesen genial aussehenden, only-for-pro-shader ausprobieren
Danke Ello! sieht wirklcih umwerfend aus!

arroganter sack

ps: das war jetzt als scherz gemeint ... nur für den fall

Re: radial blur!! - 08/23/04 16:43

i have cleaned up the code cause there was large amount of unused but time-consumting lines(from the developement process). for those who already loaded it, better download it again.
i also added some comments for understanding the code in pass 0

regards
Posted By: Bird

Re: radial blur!! - 08/24/04 19:01

@EX_Citer: da hast du dein A6pro: A6 Pro for sale, $700 *or* $600 w/comm
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: radial blur!! - 08/24/04 19:25

Whow only 600$ or 700$, that's quite a difference with 899$ hehehe, maybe I would by it, if I had the money hehehe....

Cool shader ello, keep up the good work, at least untill I own pro myself hehehehe How fast does this go on your machine, because you said there were fps issues....

Cheers

Re: radial blur!! - 08/24/04 19:35

it depends on the resolution and the resolution of the render-target.
using 800x600 and a render-target 512x512 is not as fast as without this effect, but playable on my 3ghz radeon9800;) the fps goes down pi mal daumen around the half but its still playable
it should be tested however in every case.

if it gets too slow, you can rewrite it to 10passes for example and thus it gets much faster but less smooth

if its used for flythrus or inbetween sequences the fps doesnt realy matter in my opinion

anyone used it and got it to work?
Posted By: William

Re: radial blur!! - 08/25/04 16:14

I implemented it for the turbo boosts in my game, or a variation of it. I must say - very good job Ello! While the frame rate did slow down a bit I am using the non-shader version of it. The shader versions look VERY NICE but the frame rate was alot slower. Perhaps rendering to the sphere and then to a view is a slow process for the engine. Its really great for a turbo effect when you pan the .arc of it as well. Thanks Ello for another amazing shader - you never cease to amaze me!

Code:

function zoom_in()
{
while(1)
{
if(ucfx_view.arc < -75)
{
ucfx_view.arc += 0.5;
}
if(ucfx_view.arc == -76)
{
ucfx_mdl.visible = off;