I'm In Retreat

Posted By: Red Ocktober

I'm In Retreat - 10/06/04 12:16

Don't make too much fun of me... but the Shader Tutorial By Drew, which was based on the DX8.1 shaders that worked with version 6.22 of the engine is where i'm staying at the moment...

this seems to be working consistently, and i am able to get what looks like nicely lit bumpmapped objects... correctly lit by a light coded to follow the view (camera) around.

i can't seem to get anything to work right with the DX9 Shaders... especially trying to get something that looks near realistic dynamic lighting.

i'm gonna stick with this until the next step forward... and Drew puts out more tutorials

yeaaah... i know... i'm a whimp burger...

--Mike
Posted By: Alkai

Re: I'm In Retreat - 10/06/04 21:58

I'm considering doing the exact same thing, at least as long as the latest release remains in beta.

The latest release screwed with the framerates for my project pretty badly, and I don't think I need anything more than 8.1 shader effects right now anyway... (specifically water and terrain).
Posted By: Drew

Re: I'm In Retreat - 10/07/04 05:03

sorry guys, I dont have the knowledge to convert the shader to dx9, and wont be doing another tutorial. I didnt write that code, mattH. did... so either someone coverts the dx8 version (please!), or a new one emerges. Either way it looks like normal mapping is only for dx8 right now.
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: I'm In Retreat - 10/17/04 12:50

Aaaaannnnd.... here's the Dx9 HLSL version of the shader

http://www.conitecserver.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=438601&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#438601
Posted By: Red Ocktober

Re: I'm In Retreat - 10/17/04 13:19

yes... i'm officially out of retreating now... thanks to you guys/gals...

working with the dx9 shaders, trying to get a grip on what's going on...

--Mike
© 2024 lite-C Forums