applying shader to just a specified group

Posted By: broozar

applying shader to just a specified group - 08/10/05 11:54

Hello all,

i have modelled a character with sunglasses. Now, i want to use the cubemap"shader"(FFE) for the reflection, and i know how to assign it to a whole model. But well, not the whole character reflects the environment, just the glasses. In the 3ds file/max file, the sunglasses are a single group, but not a separate model. (--> i do not want to use two models and attach em.)

How can i assign the FFE to just the one group? is there any script? is there any possibility to do it with alpha maps?
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/10/05 12:01

It's hard to implement, i think. Split your model: character and glasses, use two materials and attach one model to another with few lines of code...
Posted By: broozar

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/10/05 12:17

it has to work somehow. this is really important for me, please anyone, help me...
Milkshape offers the opportunity to do it, but it won´t show up in MED.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/10/05 19:03

Easiest way to do this is with alpha, you should probably look into the multi-texturing shaders on more info on how to use the alpha and then apply the effect...

Cheers
Posted By: Specterdragon

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/11/05 01:34

Agreed... Basicly it would function like a gloss map. Use full on (white) for the cube mapped parts and full off (black) for the non glossed parts and use that as a multiplier in the shader's specular calculation...

But, you originally wanted this to work with a FF shader right? hrmm... unfortunatly that's not in my scope... I'm still trying to figure out what FF's can do that I can't do with a basic (hand coded) shader.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/11/05 11:20

Just wait for the next update. It supports external textures, groups and multiple skins for models. This should solve your problem (by long-term).
Posted By: HIAS

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/11/05 15:14

Attach a model !
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: applying shader to just a specified group - 08/11/05 23:27

alpha masked environment FFP

With the alphamap you deside about where the environment and where and how much of the skin shows up of the model.
© 2024 lite-C Forums