What kind of shader is this?

Posted By: NMS

What kind of shader is this? - 09/03/05 10:59

Hey ppl! how can i do this??What kind of shader is this?

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/04/05 01:27

You could trace from the sun to the player and morph the sunsprite to the form that would apply to the target object, and even use multiple traces from each side of the sun so only certain parts of it would morph accordingly.
Posted By: iWaNtToKnOw

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/08/05 22:14

looks like HDR Lightning
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/09/05 00:38

Quote:

looks like HDR Lightning

You obviously have no idea what HDR Lighting is.

This is a volumetric light flare effect and can be faked...
Posted By: MMike

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/09/05 02:15

HDR lolll what ignorance sorry to tell you , is has nothing to do with it.. HDR is a texture, and it contains all the info about where light should come from (the bright areas) ... istead of just one spot like sun for exemple.. ehe LIKE this:

And the sun you see is a shader ( gloom shader :s if im not wrorng)
Posted By: iWaNtToKnOw

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/13/05 18:18

ok, this game is from a 3dgs user?
Posted By: Sebe

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/13/05 19:07

The effect in the halo screenshot is never HDR lightning. And HDR isn't a texture too. HDR is a technique that... let's say, it makes the camera eye-like. eg, if you look from a bright outside level into a more or less dark cave, it appears totally black. In contrast, if you're in the cave and look out, you see the outdoor level absolutely white for a moment, and after some seconds you begin to see something outside, but the cave gets darker. Let's say, HDR just increases the range of lightning :P

@NMS: I don't know what kind of shader that is, but if the xbox can manage it, it can't be too complicated
Posted By: slacker

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/14/05 00:08

You guys should be nice.

HDR stands for High Dynmaic Range lighting - and is a technique that allows for the storage of a much wider range of light values than a typical 24-bit image. Cameras are very limited by how much contrast range they can capture - with HDR lighting you can assemble a series of photos taken at different exposures to create a HDR image - there are different formats for this, and like all image formats there is competition to define an HDR standard.

More than dynamic range - HDR has come to be associated with light probes and capturing light in a 360 degree panorma. This can acurately represent the lighting in a scene, light that comes from all directions in real life. An added benefit, is that this 360 degree panoramic HDR image can be used for environment reflections. The results - as seen above can be quite stunning. There is an effort to implement HDR lighting in games - and should provide for some very interesting possibilities.

This is at least how I understand it. Someone with more knowledge might be able to clarify it a bit.

This technique of the volumetric lights in trees has me stumped as well. When I first saw it I think I sat there for an hour trying to figure it out. Maybe it is just models that are coded to point towards the sun, or sprites somehow, or???

Maybe a game guru can help us out!
Posted By: Master_Piece

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/14/05 17:21

Where can i find a Bloom shader that works in a 6.12/6.20 engine?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/14/05 18:28

Perhaps you must find first your own way back to the legal routes.. you should update to the actual version of the engine - or if you have strange reasons why this doesnt work you have to simply buy it. Because A6.2 is the golden key for conitec to unlimited richness! You know it, rainbows and golden pots on the other side - hehe
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/14/05 20:30

Quote:

Where can i find a Bloom shader that works in a 6.12/6.20 engine?

Not a chance that it will happen for 6.20 and lower. For that matter, not a chance for any other version you may manage to download, seeing as you are using an old warez beta of A6- which is not legal.

Your user has been banned for the time being, contact Conitec Support with your order information confirming your legal ownership of A6 and the ban will be lifted. I have also emailed details of this to your email that you registered to. Do not respond to that email account, as the inbox is not monitored- send all emails to conitec at support@conitec.net.

-Rhuarc
Posted By: nkl

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/15/05 03:04

Thanks for your advance.
Any more detail how to do?
Thanks already.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/15/05 03:34

Quote:

Thanks for your advance.
Any more detail how to do?
Thanks already.

And what version of A6 Pro do you have? You can find out by going to help->about in WED.
Posted By: nkl

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/15/05 06:49

I am a registered 3D Gamestudio professional user.
I use A6 pro ver6.31.4.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/15/05 11:10

It isn't a shader. This is a fake volumetric sun lighting script sorry guys, pretty easy to replicate.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: What kind of shader is this? - 09/15/05 12:22

In the Lightwave manual they say that HDR (they call it HDRI high dynamic range illumination) means that Lightwave calculates intern with more than only the RGB colors. That means they can use numbers for each channel that has more than 256. They can create images that could be displayed better than your monitor actually can. It can mean that total black or total bright is not really 0,0,0 or 255,255,255. It can be something different.

So HDR is more accurate with lighting. Whatever effects they create theses effects are only a result of HDR calculating. These effects are not HDR.
© 2024 lite-C Forums