vertex color, lighting help

Posted By: TerryHan

vertex color, lighting help - 09/04/05 03:07

hi, i'm new to 3d game studio. Just want to ask about vertex color and lighting...

i'm using 3ds max, and i wanted to do some vertex color and lighting on my model. in max, i adjusted the vertex color of my model, and when i exported it out using the max2mdl, the model did not have any vertex color when viewed in med. anyone knows why?

thanks alot for your time!

terry

Re: vertex color, lighting help - 09/05/05 13:28

erm.... anyone can help me here?

how do i use vertex lighting on my models (done in 3ds max) in game studio?

thanks alot

terry
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: vertex color, lighting help - 09/05/05 15:51

Quote:

hi, i'm new to 3d game studio. Just want to ask about vertex color and lighting...

i'm using 3ds max, and i wanted to do some vertex color and lighting on my model. in max, i adjusted the vertex color of my model, and when i exported it out using the max2mdl, the model did not have any vertex color when viewed in med. anyone knows why?

terry

The A6 model format does not support vertex colors...
Posted By: Nadester

Re: vertex color, lighting help - 09/05/05 23:52

Use Max's Render2Texture to bake the colors onto a UVW Map. That'll be compatable with A6.

Re: vertex color, lighting help - 09/07/05 13:36

Quote:

Quote:

terry

The A6 model format does not support vertex colors...

If A6 does not support vertex colors, what does it mean when the specification of game studio says Vertex and Pixel shaders? What is vertex and pixel shaders and how can I use them?

Thanks.
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: vertex color, lighting help - 09/07/05 14:59

Shaders are little special effect programs that let you change how objects are rendered and have the load completely on the graphics hardware rather than CPU. They are used to acheive lighting effects, moving textures, water waves, and other complex visual effects that cannot be acheived practically on the CPU. A vertex shader is sometimes used alone, and more often paired with a pixel shader; both are sent to the GPU and executed at render time.

-Rhuarc
© 2024 lite-C Forums