A6GUI Editor

Posted By: TWO

A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 09:51

A6GUI Editor

Ok,what is this?

This is a complete GUI editor letting you design your menus and ingame GUIs fast and easy. You can create panels, set there settings, add buttons, sliders, windows, and much more. Then just press at the black modifiers (1 Pos modifier, 3 Size modifier) and move the panels and panel elements around.

Hey nice, can I get my hands on this?

Sure, it will be free. I just don't release it yet because there are still a few bugs in the project saving/loading and in the export script. The editor is entirely written in Lite-C.

More backround

Hmm, I made this one just4fun. It was more or less my tryout of Lite-C and I can say this language is wounderfull. Much more powerfull and up-to-date than C-Script but much easier and more suited for gamedevelopment than C++ because of the special features. But I'm now again on the A6Network plugin. It works and I allready settet up a ping pong game. But still there are many functions broken, like what I'm working on right now is a rewrite of the complete tracking system. Wah, on the client everything works but the server crashes like hell. Well, that's programming. I like it.

Haut rein!

More development news, pictures and stuff can be found at my gamedevelopers-only site:
http://www.bloodline.eu.tc/A6
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 10:24

Sounds alike what I want to do.
Can you give more informations about the functionality, the usage without lite-c and - most important - the date of release?

thanx, mercuryus

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 10:33

Yes, that was the reason I posted it

As you can see you can create panels and modifie them with all you can imagine including buttons etc. The exported scripts are in Lite-C only. But maybe I can put a C-Script exporter in, too.

The release is this week.

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 10:41

You are my hero!
If it works for me you've saved a LOT of my time.
*what do I do with all this unused time *

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 10:45

Well, you could help me abit with testing this thing

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 10:52

for shure! pm read/answered...
Posted By: hack-panther

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 14:06

Das ist wirklich super was du da machst...

Das macht Panel erstellung wirklich einfacher.

Ich schreibe mit lite-c an sowas ähntlichem...

Mit Create-Funktionen kann man sich ein ganzes MenüFenster erstellen mit Texte, Bilder, Buttons sowie RadioButtons, DropDowns, CheckBoxen usw.
Das erstellte MenüFenster lässt sich dann im Spiel verschieben, scalieren, maximieren, minimieren oder schließen, so wie ein Fenster in Windows.

Die Positionen der Elemente muss man bei
der Create-Funktion jedoch selber angeben,
daher ist dein Tool sicher hilfreich für mich
um die Elemente zu Positionieren.
Posted By: not_me

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 23:29

the link doesnt work? i clicked on it and it said "page cannot be displayed"(internet surfers worst nightmare!).
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/11/07 23:33

His host is currently down. Come back later.
Posted By: Sam_Be

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/12/07 11:32

looks cool!!
when and how can i download this super tool??
sam
Posted By: immersionfx

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/12/07 15:35

I was wondering when someone would come up with a GS GUI editor!
It looks great, if it also works great then it's definitely a MUST for quick&dirty menus.

Too bad it will be only for Lite-C related projects... or not?
Posted By: frazzle

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/12/07 15:36

looking nice Bloodline, one small problem; I got a Norton warning when opening the site, just you know ^^
Yes the link is still dead

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: MadMark

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 00:47

Heh heh. Nope.
Looks like this site may have been compromised, unless our friend intended for an evil pop-up of an adult nature to obscure his main page and try to load crap through the browser...

Cheers!

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 00:56

Currently this guy is workin at 2:52 in the morning with tons of coffee and headache to deliver you a good pice of FREE software.

The editor is working, yesterday I fixed the export code. So now I just wait for mercuryus to test some more, then you will get the source code.

The site is completly free for me as I host it on a free webspace and I've some linking to get a better name then blalbla.bla.bla.com. I can't pay a better site, so if you give me some money I will make a complete popup free site. Some people seem to be interested in the site as they get news about upcomming plugins and project, so if you are not interested, keep away and shut... ok, it's late. Just don't annoy me. I am no artist, so I just made a simple site.

Edit: Ok, I read some other posts. Sorry, but there's no other way for me to host information. The site is virus - but not popup - free.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 09:03

Quote:

Currently this guy is workin at 2:52 in the morning with tons of coffee and headache to deliver you a good pice of FREE software.

I know 2:52 am is quite early so I understand that humour of yours ^^
Don't worry, we all appriciate your work !!

Quote:

Edit: Ok, I read some other posts. Sorry, but there's no other way for me to host information. The site is virus - but not popup - free.

Np, I'll guess we'll wait untill mercuryus has tested it

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 20:18

Pardon me for visiting the site and making some observations that may or may not concern you. However, if you haven't been working at 2:52am under a rock for the past 4 weeks, you might have noticed that there are some particularly nasty vulnerabilities that make use of javascript, animated cursors and ADS (alternate data streams). See MS07-017 This vulnerability is being actively exploited and has compromised over 2000 websites already.

Pop-ups, embedded or not, such as the one shown below

not only block the view of the beautifully designed and laid-out site that you are advertising, but could pose significant risk to those that are enticed to explore further.

At 2:52am tonight, maybe your friend could have a peak at his code, and perhaps re-evaluate the following lines:
Code:
	<!-- Ad by funpic.de --><noscript><div style="display:none">&nbsp;</div>
</noscript><script type="text/javascript"
src="hxxp://media.funpic.de/layer.php?bid=20660543"></script>
<!-- End Ad by funpic.de --></body>
</html>

Note the http has been changed to hxxp to stop it from loading here.

I don't know if this page loads anything nefarious, however, I'm not about to click on any portion of it to find out. An "X" for closing the pop-up could just as easily execture code to compromise a system. Is the website looking to make money for "FunPic" or provide A6 info to the community?

I'm not trying to insult you or your friend, or accuse you of evil doing, but the site is useless to anyone that has an inkling about security. I don't really expect you to care, or to change anything on the site, but I will take your advice and shut... Good luck with your endeavours.

Mark

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 20:25

As you saw, I host my site on funpic, altogether with 100,000 other users. What do you want with my "friend"?

If you want to have a better security, use firefox. Tss' you have problems.

BTW usually ther are just adds for internet connection stuff, it's indeed annoying to look at these ugly girls

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 20:58

Eh, Fireox as a security solution. Whatever...
I _AM_ interested in your editor. Hopefully I can download it sometime from a site that doesn't throw crap like that up and block the content.

I don't mind taking a peek at the ladies. I'm just as "bent" as the next guy when it comes to the opposite sex. Maybe you would consider changing the size or placement of the ad so it doesn't block the site? Something to discuss in PM if you wish to continue bickering with me. (I have time and I'm bored anyway)

Cheers,
Mark

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 21:19

I have no control at all of the damm add. The add java text gets added automatically to every site I upload.

I see you are bored I'm not, I currently successfully try to implement OGRE into the A6.

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 22:26

OGRE into a6?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 22:32

using ogres renderer to render instead of a6's, i was going to try the same with irrlicht, but its over my head

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 22:36

Lol, hey this thread is about my GUI editor, not about render stuff.

Yes, I successfully replaced the A6 window with an OGRE rendering device. Give me some more time and you will see screens you havn't even dreamed about. But I won't give it away soon.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/14/07 22:54

Nice idea. I'm about to dabble in finalizing (which is a fancy word for starting) a UI, so this may come in handy.
Posted By: hack-panther

Re: A6GUI Editor - 04/15/07 01:09

I hope that the GUI-Editor comes out today....

Mercuryus sollte beim TÜV arbeiten..

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/15/07 18:00

Ok, release.

What license?

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/de/deed.en

How to start?

As I've no possibility to publish with my Lite-C version, you have to use the souce code to work with the editor. Once A7 will come out I'll publish an standalone application. To start, open A6GUI.c with SED and press run.

Link

http://www.bloodline.eu.tc/A6/A6GUI.rar

Please note that there is just the button as element, as I had no time to add more. When I'm back from my holydays, I'll add static text and some more usefull things. Please don't look at my scripting, as this project was a wild tryout of Lite-C, and inbetween the development it was a world editor, a simple game, ...
Posted By: manic7creations

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/16/07 00:38

Does anybody know when A7 is going to come out?
You can count on me for getting the GUI Editor.

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/23/07 16:40

I'm a litte... disappointed about the feedback.

Is the code unusuable? Do you get any error somewhere or do you just wait to get a standalone version?
Posted By: Excessus

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/23/07 19:15

Hi bloodline,

I think this can be really usefull piece of software.

The lack of feedback is probably due to a few reasons:
-Very few people have access to lite-c (only betatesters and A7-prerelease owners)
-You haven't advertised it very well yet, I only just saw this thread.
-If I understand correctly, it cannot do much yet in its current state (only buttons).

I don't have alot of time, but I took a look at it and tried to run it. I'm getting the error 'undeclared identifier GetSaveFileName' when I try to run this with the latest beta. I see a .vcproj file, this is not a visual C project, is it?

I think that if you complete this and post it to AU, the download site, showcase I, it will become a really popular tool like easy particles.

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/23/07 19:29

Hey nice

It actualy is a visual studio project! This is how I use Lite-C, you should try it

Yes sorry, the GetSaveFileName-Error is JCL's fault, he forgott to add it to the windows header.

Search for 'GetOpenFileName' in windows.h Add
DWORD __stdcall GetSaveFileName (DWORD);
in the next line.

Posted By: Excessus

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/23/07 20:05

I've just tried it, and I'm impressed! This looks like a great tool, very intuitive!

While using it, I've listed everything that I noticed. Most of these are very small problems, but if you fix them the usability/intuitivity would increase and it will feel more polished.

- Spelling error in help: Modifie -> modify
- Back button on the help would be nice.
- Would be nice if we could change the properties in panelsettings by clicking on the text, not on the name of the property. For example, to change the name, you have to click on 'name' instead of the name that is given (like Default0). This got me for a sec.
- It would be nice if the size of the panel could also be set numerically, for precise scaling.
- Don't use a 'cancel' button to close the rightclick-menu, use a left mouse click anywhere on the screen. That's more intuitive.
- If I scale a panel below 0, it will be inverted. It would be nice if the triangle used to move the panel is also flipped then (triangle.scale_x = sign(panel.scale_x);). BTW, if both x and y are inverted, the bmap will not be displayed (engine bug?).
- Layer values are max()ed to 1, is this required by the engine?
- I would integrate the element and panel settings. Place the list of elements on the panel settings window. Then you can click an element to change it, or an empty element to create a new element. To change/create an element, it would then launch some kind of wizard (just another window, like panel settings) where you can set all properties of that element. For example for button you'd have buttonOn, buttonOff, buttonOver, position, function, etc.
- When I press export, it gives the error "negative argument in AdGUI_export_Do" then it says "Done".

How could I use VS with lite-c? I assume you use it just as an editor, not as compiler/linker, right? How does it know how to start the engine and stuff?

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/24/07 03:32

Sorry Bloodline, but I'm not using Lite-C yet. However, I've been monitering this thread because it looks like a great tool, and I'd like to see peoples results!
Posted By: Thracian

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 04/24/07 13:37

I agree with xXxGuitar511. Maybe the toll has just come a bit oo early since i think most of the users stay at c-script till there is a stable release of x-kite. But i like the idea of such a tool, and the way you made it looks very good.

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 05/10/07 12:00

Thanks Excessus for your great feedback! I'll implement most of the things as soon as I get time.

Update

-You don't have to define the missing winAPI function yourselfe
Posted By: Ghost

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/10/07 20:03

That's fantastic Bloodline.

Thank you.
Posted By: SuperTux

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/12/07 20:49

That's realy great !
It helps Newbies like me !

Verry Good
Posted By: SuperTux

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/12/07 20:56

I run it at this moment
an an Error comes:

Can't run DISPLAY00.wdl
Posted By: voswouter87

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/13/07 08:35

Hey this looks great! It looks like you can use a variable to determine a panel's position.

I am trying to do something like this, I want to place buttons on the screen based on the current screen resolution, this allows buttons to stay at the right place, even when resolution changes.

So I wanted to put a variable at the position of the panel button, but that gives a syntax error.

Is it possible to place buttons (that can be pressed) depending on a variable, then I could have them at the right places for every resolution.

code:
build()
{ create_building; }

if (video_mode == 7) var button_pos = 400;
if (video_mode == 8) var button_pos = 500;

panel UI_button
{
button = button_pos,button_pos, icon, icon, pressed, build(), NULL, NULL;
layer = 1; flags = d3d, refresh;
}

function main {
while (game) {
UI_button.visible = on; // show panel
wait(1); } }

sadly this gives a syntax error for the variable I use...

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/13/07 10:03

It would be

var button_pos;
if (video_mode == 7) button_pos = 400;
if (video_mode == 8) button_pos = 500;

The resolution feature was planed, but to fuzzy to implement. I'll maybe implement it later.
Posted By: voswouter87

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/13/07 14:58

Yea ok, but then it still can't use the variable for a button position...

Re: A6GUI Editor - 05/25/07 15:11

New download location

http://worldawake.eu.tc/public/A6GUI_1.0.1.rar
Posted By: ExtraCortex

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 06/07/07 13:09

link's broken...
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 06/08/07 00:07

It works fine here and it did yesterday when I posted the link in your other thread. Make sure you're using the "New download location" in the post above yours.

http://worldawake.eu.tc/public/A6GUI_1.0.1.rar
Posted By: David_Higgins

Re: A6GUI Editor RELEASE - 06/15/07 05:50

I noticed some references to this being Lite-C Only ... as I'm new to the community, I'm a bit confused ...

I just purchased A6 Commercial and am running Game Studio 6.60 (or something along those lines) and I open up A6GUI.c in SED and press Debug Run and/or Test Run and the A6 Engine window appears ... but seems to be stuck in an infinite loop and it doesn't update the screen ... so, basically ... nothing seems to be happening.

Can someone give me a bit of guidance on this?

I was actually getting ready to start an 'A6 UI Designer' project in .NET using WinForms and SDL so I could layout the UI for a project I'm working on ... and ran across this thread and more or less stopped working on my UI Designer in hopes that this would save me lots of time ...

If there's any interest in a windows based UI designer that can export/import A6 UI's ... let me know ... I might finish the project if I can't get this to work (or if it doesn't do what I need...)
Posted By: D3D

Re: A6GUI Editor - 06/15/07 11:17

Bloodline/TWO if your still looking for free hosting without popups, please contact me I can help.

Re: A6GUI Editor - 06/15/07 11:44

Hmm, nice that there's still someone interested in this code.

D3D, no the link above should you just give the file, no page. So you dont get in contact with any popup Also, Ive my own server now (my own PC), but I dont want to post a new link again.

But you could do another thing for me: Have you bought the a7 prerelease? Then you could publish the project, that would be really really nice.

If many people would use this programm then, Ill further develop it for sure.
Posted By: D3D

Re: A6GUI Editor - 06/15/07 11:57

Sure just pm the download link and i'll compile it for you.
Posted By: Sam_Be

Re: A6GUI Editor - 06/15/07 18:01

hi
how do i use this editor??
sam
Posted By: David_Higgins

Re: A6GUI Editor - 06/16/07 03:02

any info on my previous post about it not working in A6?

Re: A6GUI Editor - 07/05/07 19:56

How is the progress on the A6GUI EDITOR or A7GUI EDITOR, does anybody know at this point? I think the developer has a great thing going here, I think he shouldn't give up on it. If I was him, I would put it up for sale at a certain price say like 30 or 40 dollars.

Re: A6GUI Editor - 07/07/07 21:36

Has any body heard any progress on this project yet???????????

Re: A6GUI Editor - 07/19/07 23:12

I'm sorry but I don't plan to develop this further. There are much more important things in my live.

If I will ever work on this project again, I'll rewrite it completely for sure to get a high-end stable programm. But not yet.
Posted By: Quad

Re: A6GUI Editor - 03/19/08 21:27

anyone have this or any alive link?

id like to mirror this if somebody gives it to me?

ps. just wonderin does this works with lite-c?

Re: A6GUI Editor - 03/19/08 22:24

It's written in and for lite-c, in fact this was my first tryout of the beta.

http://public.oliver-weitzel.com/A6GUI.rar
Posted By: Quad

Re: A6GUI Editor - 03/20/08 05:23

thanks.

here is the mirror: http://mirror.quadraxas.com/A6GUI.rar
© 2024 lite-C Forums