PSD to TGA conversion

Posted By: oliver2s

PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 09:32

I need someone who own a copy of Photoshop and can convert me some PSD files into TGA. It needs Photoshop for the conversion, because the files uses some special Photoshop effects which get lost when you try to convert them with another programm.
Posted By: Dico

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 09:35

the paint shop can do that , how many psd file you have ?

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 09:43

It's 19 files. You can find them here: www.stonehill-games.de/downloads/psd.rar

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 09:56

ok i try to convert them

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 10:12

this tga files https://www.mediafire.com/?b4zlnhntrr68u9z
some files converted without special effects , i think tga file not support it .

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 10:25

Thank you so far, Dico.

On the first sight it looks like the convertion succeed. Tomorrow I add them to the model files and see if it's ok, because I'm out of office now.

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/04/14 10:29

You're welcome laugh
Posted By: rojart

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 08:24

@Dico: Hi, just checked your converted files and some files seems to be wrong, like picture below (my was converted by PSCS6E from left), how do you convert it?

@Oliver: Hi, Some psd files seems to be not power of 2 and have no alpha channel like light.psd, logoEmployed.psd or more than one layer to be changed is this ok or should be changed, if you need quality converting just let me know.
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 08:37

@Oliver, you can easiely open those files without qualityloss with GIMP tongue

regards Sebastian

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 09:35

Originally Posted By: rvL_eXile
@Oliver, you can easiely open those files without qualityloss with GIMP tongue

regards Sebastian

Thanks for the tip, checked and Dico had used GIMP to convert it!
Seems like Oliver said in first post you can't use any other programm in relation of special Photoshop effects.

From Gimp:

From Photoshop:

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 09:39

Originally Posted By: rojart
@Dico: Hi, just checked your converted files and some files seems to be wrong, like picture below (my was converted by PSCS6E from left), how do you convert it?

@Oliver: Hi, Some psd files seems to be not power of 2 and have no alpha channel like light.psd, logoEmployed.psd or more than one layer to be changed is this ok or should be changed, if you need quality converting just let me know.

oh' yes i see that, when i open this tga in (CPS Pro X6) , i'm not see any effects , paintshop is bad smirk
Posted By: Slin

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 10:06

I am using ImageMagick to convert image files and at least the sample above is converted perfectly fine. Since I only have the OSX preview as reference for the psd files I however donīt know if they are all correct.
But seriously, just try ImageMagick as it will make your life a lot easier supporting nearly every format. Sure its a command line tool, but that makes it even more powerful as you can easily integrate it into your workflow.

http://www.imagemagick.org/

The fact that many of the images look the same probably means that they are wrongly converted: http://cld.slindev.com/Uprn
Also its png, because I got that already as "select files -> rightclick -> convert to png" option laugh

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 10:52

Before we start to try other programs at all, here are converted psd files the right way and not RLE compressed.

@Oliver: Some files have no power of 2, pass will be pm'ed.
Posted By: Slin

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 11:24

Still Iīd love to know if ImageMagick actually does a good job for psd or not, but you encrypting the files does not really help with that.

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/05/14 23:39

Yes your png files seems to work, but without alpha and layers.

But anyway it's good cl prg and can be used with lite-c by exec function on the fly, thanks for sharing.

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/06/14 10:55

Rojart sent me the TGA files which looks like the orignal PSDs. Thank you!

Re: PSD to TGA conversion - 04/06/14 12:53

I'm glad I was able to help.
© 2024 lite-C Forums