Killer drone

Posted By: rincewind

Killer drone - 07/01/05 20:33

Hi,

hier kommt der nächste Beitrag.. ein Killer-Drohne. Wie immer: Frei verwendbar und ohne Credits.
Das Modell ist von einem Bild inspiriert, das ich irgendwann mal im Internet gesehen habe.

here's my next contribution.. a killer drone. As alway: Free to use and no credits required. The model is inspired by a picture I've seen on the INternet a while ago.

Download: killerdrone

Viele Grüße
Best Regards
Rincewind
Posted By: Grimber

Re: Killer drone - 07/02/05 08:51

Looks nice

Re: Killer drone - 07/02/05 09:53

Thanks Grimber, you're being very kind :-)

I really enjoy making models for the community that has given me so much joy :-)

Best regards
Rincewind
Posted By: Nems

Re: Killer drone - 07/02/05 10:01

Very cool ricewind, am downloading to use in a level tests.
The level has drones and maybe this could fit in.
Cheers.
*Edit
Its to poly heavy!

Re: Killer drone - 07/02/05 10:36

I'm sorry about the polycount. I'll try to post more low-poly models in the future.

It's hard for me to figure out, how my models will impact the framerate of other people's machines as I always get the most various feedback. I have a cheap standard computer bought at a local electronics discounter with 2,5 GHz and an old Ati Rage graphics card, but even Doom 3 runs seamlessly on this computer - with the highest detail settings and all graphic effects activated, which it shouldn't do normally :-) I really can't explain it.

Best regards to wonderful New Zealand
Rincewind
Posted By: Nems

Re: Killer drone - 07/03/05 03:32

Hi rincewind, thanks for the regards, much appreciated.

The model is very cool and in a block level, would be ok.
Its just that I used it in an entity heavy level where the frame rate was already jumping from 40 to 60, depending on where one looked.

Re: Killer drone - 07/03/05 08:42

OK, I understand that. I'll try to make the next models with less polys. Currently I'm working on a WWII fighter plane (Messerschmitt BF 109). I will try to make it low poly so others can use it for their projects.

Best regards
Rincewind
Posted By: Efrint

Re: Killer drone - 07/03/05 10:58

i think, this model is cool....thx

Regards Efrint
Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: Killer drone - 07/09/05 05:06

thanks for the drone rincewind could come in handy for my games in the future....

very nicely done

Re: Killer drone - 07/09/05 11:56

Thanks a lot Silent :-)

I really appreciate all those friendly comments and hopefully can provide a lot more models cause I really love this community.

Next contribution will be a WWII model - the Messerschmitt BF 109, a fighter plane, which is half-finished by now, so it won't take too long until it is ready (depending on my workload)

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest compassion for the people in the UK with regards to the latest terrorist attacks in London. I would like to quote a feedback from a Weblog I read yesterdays, where someone living in London said: " I think the best we can do is to keep our heads up in pride and show them that we won't let them take us down, no matter what they do!"

I think we're all English these days.

Best regards
Rincewind
Posted By: MaclarenF1

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 02:22

That would fit PERFECTLY in my practise project I am working on, but my machine is a an old 500mhz piece of crap, so it would drag my framerate to like 10 or so. (My 3d card is ok though, a GeForce MX 4000 128mb with like a 450mhz processor or something like that...my 3d card processor is almost as fast as my system processor... ) Maybe I can set as a boss fight so there would only be one of them...

Thanks for the awesome contribution, keep it up!
MacLaren

BTW- Happy birthday Rincewind!

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 04:43

oh yes happy birthday....

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 11:49

Thanks, Mac and Silent for the congrats, this will be a fun day as we're having a barbecue tonight. As I said, I will try to post more low poly models so that more people will be able to use them. Yet, I hope that 3GHz machines will soon be standard and affordable to anyone so that more people can use highpoly models.

Best regards
Rincewind
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 12:03

Hey that's a nice model, i don't like the high poly count though , a well, it's still perfect to use in a nice render or CG intro... Happy birthday and keep up the nice contributions aswell !

Cheers
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 13:12

i like the model even tho i have no use for it at the mo! (im sure i can find something happy birthday!

Re: Killer drone - 07/10/05 20:42

Thanks Bilbo and Phemox,

I'll try my best with less polies :-)

Cheers and "Daag" (I hope I have spelled it correctly)
Rincewind

Re: Killer drone - 07/11/05 00:47

yes try as hard as you can...... the fate of the world is in your hands

lol maybe a bit tooo much exaguration there
Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

Re: Killer drone - 07/11/05 06:03

Very nice model..
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Killer drone - 07/12/05 02:52

Wow!! Impressive. I'd like to create a gun battle with this menecing machine!

Re: Killer drone - 07/12/05 09:45

Thanks Matt and Fox,

the original concept of this mech was done by Christian Stuehli. I saw some of his pictures at 3dtotal.

He always wanted to build this thing with Lego blocks when he was a kid but it didn't work and thats why he became a 3d graphics artist.

Best regards
Rincewind
© 2024 lite-C Forums