Castle Hallway Set- First version

Posted By: Towelie

Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/16/06 04:25

This is something I decided to work on a little bit then release to the community. Its nothing much done now, In the end I hope to include the fully textured version, along with rooms, entrances, throne rooms, etc. and models to accompany this. Basically, its something to do in my free time to get better. anyways, heres the first version, a total of about 4 hours of work. Hope its useful to some fantasy game designer out there. anyways, the file.

Download Here- Hosted by savefile.com

P.S. hosted by savefile.com is a warning- You have to go through a maze before theres a small print in the middle of the page that says 'download here'

Also, the reason (I forgot to mention this) for the so early version is so that people can tell me whats better, so if you're taking the time to download this, please, PLEASE, leave me a comment, even if it describes that this stinks worse than the deepest part of hell. Thanks!

Oh and this version is free. No credits or anything, however, the final version will need my names in the credits.
Posted By: JimFox

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/16/06 16:26

Hi Towelie,
They don't "stink" -- that is for sure. They are excellent. I like the modular way that you have made them, and the richness you achieved without being too expensive -- not too many blocks.
I have tried to think of how they might be improved. I think the area that is most in need of improvement is the ceiling. Fantasy castles (or real) don't use much of the flat ceilings. OK, yes, in upper rooms, you can assume a drop ceiling that is flat and decorated in various ways, if you like. And towers with curtain walls of stone and floors of wood can have flat ceilings all you want. Otherwise, I would look for vaulted or arched ceilings. Besides, the flat ceilings lack interest and variety. So, by all means, let some of your modular halls have flat ceilings if you wish, but you need other modules with vaults or arches.
Hope this helps. I like what I see, and can already visualize areas where I can use your work. Thanks for the contribution.
Best regards,
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/16/06 19:47

Nice contribution Towelie

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/16/06 23:50

Jim: Thanks! Yeah, ythe original design did include arched ceilings but I wasnt satisfied with them, and with 4 hours of work I was gettign impatient. I was ready for that one

Frazzle: Thanks!

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/18/06 05:36

I've started the textures. I'm just getting to know photoshop but for a first few textures (each taking about an hour, lol...) I think I did halfway good. I'll be redoign them until the whole things done. I want em to be good
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/21/06 12:49

ive already build a rather huge level with those. looks awesome. my textures blend perfectly with the level. added just lightning, looks very cool. iŽll post some screenshots when the level geometry is doen and iŽve added some enviroment.

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 03/21/06 16:50

basic shots without anythign yet, small tested. ignore the text below this is a test string i toook from the techdemo...
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/12/06 16:00

Are you planning on releasing the textures (The Wad)?

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/12/06 19:00

the wads i used are freely available...
test3.wad and stuff...
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/13/06 06:37

test3.wad? Where can i get this?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/14/06 07:32

Use the Josef's Tear wad, that has some awesome textures for stuff like this, perfectly fitted.

Towelie, nice job on the set!

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/14/06 07:43

ill probably convert them to MDl, skin tham and release them here if you allow...
or maybe someone else skins them (thats the better version)
Posted By: nkl

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/14/06 11:58

Quote:

Use the Josef's Tear wad, that has some awesome textures for stuff like this, perfectly fitted.

Towelie, nice job on the set!

Where do I download Josef's Tear wad?
Thanks already.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/14/06 13:12

Acknex Resource site , Textures...

It is the link above this site.
Posted By: nkl

Re: Castle Hallway Set- First version - 04/14/06 14:07

Thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums