World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!)

Posted By: Rhuarc

World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/05/06 03:41

Hey everyone,

A while back I showed a few video clips and screenshots of WACAI in action, since then I have improved on it, but do not have the time to bring the product to completion. It is functioning fully as a automated AI bot, similar to counterstrike, just without team goals.

The AI has the following features:
* Pathfinding (table gets precaclulated by software and saved to a file that can be loaded at runtime)
* On the fly cover tactics - the AI will dynamically take cover whenever it needs it when in battle (i.e. when reloading)
* Flexible weapon support - The code for the weapons is very removed from the actual AI code, so coding your own weapons just takes a few variable inputs from the AI.
* Flexible animations - the AI supports strafing and backpedaling movement animations, as well as advanced movement vs. orientation animation handling
* A whole lot more....

Included in the release, there is a C++ SDK I began building, which is currently a framework well suited for porting the C-Script code to C++ and running the AI completely within a c++ setting. It also provides a great simple interface to the A6 engine for general game usage to code your games in c++. To use it, copy the appropriate header and lib files from your A6 sdk_engine folder to the WACAI SDK folder.

For commercial use, there is a $100.00 USD / title licensing fee, seeing as I am releasing hundreds of hours of work here . For non-commercial use, the software is completely free. Details of the license are included in a text file within the zip file.

There is also a very very incomplete API reference document, I started it long ago, but never finished it. It is in openoffice format, but I will release an update with some more friendly documents for those who don't use openoffice.

Here's the download:
http://www.worldawareai.com/WACAI_BUILD_0_7_2.zip

Cheers,
Rhuarc
Posted By: raiden

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/05/06 04:34

Let me be the first to say, thank you, thank you, and thank you .

I appreciate everything you do for this community.

-raiden
Posted By: William

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/05/06 06:30

Thanks for releasing this, that video you showed a while back had alot of promise. Hopefully someone can develop this further.
Posted By: DoC

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/05/06 13:26

o.o great stuff ^^
Posted By: testDummy

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/05/06 23:08

Thankyou. From an initial examination, the implementation looks to be very complex...a detailed composite of many smaller parts.

I found a demo in the distribution and ran it 3 or 4 times.
Are the bots supposed to get stuck and clump together?
The bots were animating a "walk" cycle, apparently trying to move, but making no progress because other bots were obstructing movement (were in the way).
In the image below, there are 3 bots in a clump. Evidently, the first person view represents the view of a 3rd bot also in a "stuck" state.
Bot 1 is barely visible and is directly behind bot 2 in the image.

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/06/06 01:02

Quote:

Thankyou. From an initial examination, the implementation looks to be very complex...a detailed composite of many smaller parts.

Exactimo! The design philosophy was to make it as modular as possible, and easy to design from a higher level standing rather than a low level down-and-dirty AI implementation. You'll see in the Cover Tactics sample that the cover tactic code can be used completely inpendantly of the rest of the system, the whole thing is set up this way, every part of the AI is modular and easily changable without affecting the rest of the AI adversely.

Quote:

I found a demo in the distribution and ran it 3 or 4 times.
Are the bots supposed to get stuck and clump together?
The bots were animating a "walk" cycle, apparently trying to move, but making no progress because other bots were obstructing movement (were in the way).
In the image below, there are 3 bots in a clump. Evidently, the first person view represents the view of a 3rd bot also in a "stuck" state.
Bot 1 is barely visible and is directly behind bot 2 in the image.

Sometimes they will clump together, it happens at chokepoints in the level. I did not finish implementing their movement to avoid these situations, there is some basic repulsion, but I'm not sure how much in place it is- it's been a while since I've worked on the system deeply.

There is a pretty specific implementation for configuring the path system in WED that I will document and release information on.

If people have specific questions or need certain things documented, let me know and I will see what I can do for you .

-Rhuarc

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/06/06 20:26

I am curious to know if anyone else is finding any use in this.... this is essentially a complete AI solution, ready to use for shooters, and easily modified; granted the documentation is in lack... if there isn't any interest... I won't bother writing any more...

-Rhuarc
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/06/06 22:12

Hey rhuarc first let me say thanks. I cant test it at the moment or really even look at it. Tho i did download it and send it to my email incase you decide to take this link down.

It looks very promising. Of course i dont speak for everyone but i would love to get as much documentation as possible. Tho i dont ask for much given its current price

No matter what you decide to do I really appreciate your work so thanks again.
Posted By: DragonFlyz

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/07/06 04:58

Well, I'm a complete newb, but I've downloaded this and will keep it on my hard drive awaiting the time I can understand it. Thanks Rhuarc!
Posted By: RobH

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/07/06 07:26

Hello, Rhuarc. Thanks for that great Constribution. Your AI is absolut fantastic. I donīt know how long i tested to programm only the half of your AI. It is really cool, and the option with the teams comes for me very good, īcause some Missions from my Game will have teammembers. It will be also great if you can write a documentation. One question to the end: Have a logo or something to include it in the credits and before starting the game?

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) - 05/07/06 15:52

Quote:

Have a logo or something to include it in the credits and before starting the game?

You can snag the logo displayed on the old testing page at: http://www.worldawareai.com/

I'll post a jpg of the logo so you don't have to screenshot it from the site (it's flash) soon as well.

I will also be putting a WIKI up for documentation- this way as I develop it further in documentation, you can see it right away-- and even add to it if you want .

-Rhuarc

World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/07/06 16:42

The wiki is now up at:
http://wiki.worldawareai.com/

Please check the wiki in a few hours for more details about the system. I am considering a WACAI modder program, where you can design mods to the system and release them to the public under similar terms of WACAI- when they are used commercially with a license to WACAI, you will be paid a small percentage of the license fee, and can optionally add a additional price tag for commercial use that gets tagged onto the base source commercial license.

This is an idea in development- that will hopefully stimulate the furtherment of the product, make it more useful for developers and still cheap as hell, and also stimulate some cash for other developers

Please give me input on this idea if you have any!

Input input input!

UPDATE:
I have added some content to the wiki; including extensive docs on the "Demo" sample included in the release. The Attack state is now fully documented.

Cheers,
Rhuarc

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/13/06 19:50

Pretty pathetic turnout...

Last time I release something like this I guess...
Posted By: xoNoid

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/13/06 20:56

Trust me we're grateful. .
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/13/06 22:26

Thanks , very good contribution
Posted By: AAM

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/14/06 17:41

I tried the demo and took a look at the code and i like it , its built on a soild ground but to be honest i dont want to be enthusyastic about it then it turnes to be a dead end solution like a couple of experiences i had before..

And to tell the truth you really saved my ass with the wacai system it really came on its time.

But im still struggling to implement your ai to my game and the models still apear as if life has bean snatched out of them... and i couldnt find on the page how to implement the ai.
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/16/06 05:26

This is awesome!!!
Thanks a whole lot for releasing this great piece of work bud.
I've been waiting for this.

Quote:

Pretty pathetic turnout...

Last time I release something like this I guess...

Sorry man. I hate when people are rude and take things without commenting. I appreciate your contributions very much.

btw I like the song in your sig.
Posted By: Nadester

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/16/06 23:40

No one finds it interesting because I totally limewire'd this stuff like a year ago. Jeez Dan, get with the picture son ^^

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/17/06 16:17

Quote:

No one finds it interesting because I totally limewire'd this stuff like a year ago. Jeez Dan, get with the picture son ^^

Either that or I gave you an FTP account for the project sourcebin with threat of cauterization of your genitals with a branding iron .
Posted By: Nadester

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/17/06 23:56

That is a sick, sick, image

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 05/18/06 05:11

So stop looking down
Posted By: Nems

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 07/29/07 01:17

Hey ! found the link still up so downloading to check it all out again.
Thanks.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 07/30/07 21:38

Thanks!! Does it support melee\unarmed combat , also ?
Posted By: danielo999

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 08/01/07 15:40

i can't run the demo i alway get

< include ^wacai.core.wdl>;>
DEMO.WDL 15:2 (): Script error wacai.core.wdl

can anybody help me?
Posted By: Damocles

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 08/01/07 16:07

seems like the wacai.core.wdl
can not be found by the compiler
Posted By: Quad

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 11/02/07 01:35

i know that the thread started months ago,

bur when i try to run the demo level trough wed,it sez

< include ^wacai.core.wdl>;>
DEMO.WDL 15:2 (): Script error wacai.core.wdl

i tried copying ccore folder in to the demo directory and changed the path in demo.wdl but nothing changed.

i think it has something wrong with that ifndefs but i dont know exactly what it is.
this is wacai.core.wdl :

IFNDEF WACAI_CORE_WDL;
DEFINE WACAI_CORE_WDL;

include <wacai.api.wdl>;
include <wacai.global.wdl>;

include <wacai.common.wdl>;
include <wacai.evade.wdl>;
include <wacai.steer.wdl>;
include <wacai.path.wdl>;
include <wacai.memory.wdl>;
include <wacai.logic.wdl>;
include <wacai.query.wdl>;

include <wacai.setup.wdl>;
include <wacai.bot.wdl>;
include <wacai.io.wdl>;

ENDIF;
Posted By: 3run

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 06/28/09 12:06

All links are DEAD!!! Please reupload!!!
Posted By: the_clown

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 06/28/09 12:18

He's not longer posting at this forum. Too bad.

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 06/28/09 15:01

=(
Posted By: mamajo

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 08/03/09 22:14

Please reupload .
I need this demo .

Re: World Aware AI source release -WIKI online - 08/04/09 06:24

mamajo bro, no one will do that... frown you have to ask Rhuarc, for this demo. If he will give it to you, you may reupload it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums