Shader for beginner's! Learn now!

Posted By: mk_1

Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 15:26

In two and a half hours (7pm GMT) I'm going to hold another shader lesson for beginner's. If you have no experience with shaders but know some c-script then just join us.

IRC channel #3dgs on a quakenet server.

you can use mIRC as client. Just don't visit www.mirc.de since it's down. Just google a little

Please no comments on why this lesson is IRC and why I didn't write a tutorial.
Posted By: Dutchie666

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 15:53

as you already noticed... im in
Posted By: broozar

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 18:44

damn... too late...

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 18:47

just reconnect, we'll wait

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 19:33

i am always getting a "(No Authorization - use another server)". damn, how i hate this irc thing.
do not care about me, just start with your lessons, nm.
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 22:16

The lesson was great! Tnx.
For those who missed it just because they think shaders are hard to learn you missed a lot! Its pretty simple when you get the basic idea...

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 22:24

if it just weren't irc...

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 22:31

Show me a good alternative. Most chats are slow as hell and don't work correctly.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/22/06 22:38

Msn, but that's not really practical...
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 08:58

Why dont u log the irc lessons MK1 so that u can share with everyone , mirc has an option to log ur conversations , would be great for those who missed it.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 10:09

Those who missed it can attend another lesson in the next few weeks.
Posted By: Asse

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 16:28

Hm, damn. Could have been interesting Maybe you can write to me directly the next lesson-dates - e.g. as an ex-member-bonus
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 18:50

you missed a lot, it was a really kick ass session, i learned a ton from it

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 20:58

Yes , we all know how "kick ass" the lessons are , but letting people know aobut it 2 hrs in advance is insane , more so if it's on a saturday , when most people arent home anyway , Mirc can log ur convo AUTOMATICALLY , all u have to do is click on the log thing and log the chat , there's really nothing complex about it , and it would be cool for those of us who have been missing the lessons yet are very interested in them to be able to check out what went on and the like , it wouldnt really take that much from u to log em and host them somewhere.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 21:04

i was going to, but i kept getting diconnect and so of course the conversation was lost, and the two hour thing, well... i dont think he was planning to have one yesterday, but that he just decided to

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/23/06 21:24

Time's money and I don't have money so I need time. I can't give you a precise time a week earlier because I don't know if I'll be in the right mood then or if I'll really have some time to teach.

Of course I could've logged the lesson but the idea is too answer questions directly and to let people think about a problem and how to solve it.

Actually I don't care whether a lot people attend the lesson. It's for fun and if you had no time well... [censored] happens, better luck next time. I'll repeat the lessons a couple of times.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 05:38

Well you dont have to be a cock head about it MK , i guess you can just go [censored] yourself and ur lessons.
Posted By: Asse

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 06:01

Now guess who won't join us the next lesson

Quote:

Of course I could've logged the lesson but the idea is too answer questions directly and to let people think about a problem and how to solve it

So maybe it's really better to log it for him

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 06:31

whats with the hostility here, i mean come on why do i die... he's being nice enough to do it in the first place, i dont think he meant to be offensive, but since he started this, hes been putting up with a lot of [censored] from other people complaining when he is doing this to help others, i dont think he is trying to be mean.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 10:53

I'm not a cock head and I'm not trying to be mean. There's a reason to what I do and actually I needn't do it in the first place - it's just an offer.

I'll repeat the first lesson several times. I believe that it is better than a tutorial.
Posted By: TripleX

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 12:40

yep perfect. I'll be there next time
Posted By: Grafton

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/24/06 17:18

Havent been there yet, but generous of you to host these MK_1, thanks!
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/25/06 07:40

Quote:

Yes , we all know how "kick ass" the lessons are , but letting people know aobut it 2 hrs in advance is insane , more so if it's on a saturday , when most people arent home anyway , Mirc can log ur convo AUTOMATICALLY , all u have to do is click on the log thing and log the chat , there's really nothing complex about it , and it would be cool for those of us who have been missing the lessons yet are very interested in them to be able to check out what went on and the like , it wouldnt really take that much from u to log em and host them somewhere.

I missed the lessons in school (for 4-5 years now) just because they are from monday to friday,when I'm in the billiard club with my friends...the teachers have it all on paper,why dont they give me their notebooks ? If you want to learn you'll have to make sacrifices. Plus , this lessons are free...if you were paying for them , then start complaining about the timing...but you are not paying , so better dont attack and go pay for lessons that you can take in your 'free' time.

Oh , and btw , I know the mIRC scripts like my 5 fingers , I've made from protection bots to games and I know logging is easy,I can even make one with scripts that will log in diffrent order like Question , Answer , and I was thinking to turn logging on today , but from what I'm reading in theese posts I changed my mind.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/25/06 09:50

Tonight's lesson 2. It's a continuation of lesson 1 and will be repeated in the next few weeks as well as lesson 1.

Can't give you a particular time but somewhere between 7pm/8pm (GMT).

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/25/06 21:10

koo , will definately try to be there , hopefully i'll have the evening free.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/29/06 03:59

i think it is a good idea to use yahoo messenger as well, or just set up a bot...

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/31/06 19:29

mk: have you decided when the next one is, is there a next one? id love to learn how to do some, like reflections and rarfractions and stuff.

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 07/31/06 20:16

No, I have not. I don't think there'll be a "lesson3" only lesson one. It should give enough of a start to understand shaders and then go on with tutorials from the net (there're tons anyway).

Re: Shader for beginner's! Learn now! - 08/01/06 02:10

Damn , i've yet to be able to catch one , lol , lookz like i'll just look for soem online tutz instead.
© 2024 lite-C Forums