Question to the height map? (AUM 53)

Posted By: White_Wolf

Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 05/27/07 07:46

Hallo,

I have a question to a artikel in the Aum 53. How I create height maps for my model? (for the Parallax mapping shader).

By White_Wolf

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Posted By: George

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 05/27/07 19:02

There are some plugins for Photoshop and one for Gimp (afaik). I believe that the some of the artists here can give you better advice.

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 05/28/07 12:15

Hello,

is afaik the name of the Gimp Plugin? I can't find it. Where gives this plugin? On the Gimp site gives this plugin not. (i dont find the plugin on the gimpsite.)

Tschau
White_Wolf

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 05/28/07 21:49

There you go: plugin

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/01/07 19:44

Hello,

Must i modefie the code from the Parallax mapping shader. Becurse the texture of the model are don't shown corectly. What must i modyfie the the txture are shown corect.
http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/010607213641_shot_0.jpg

By White_Wolf

P.S. Sorry for my Bad englich

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/04/07 20:31

Try to increase the brightness of your normal map texture.

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/05/07 19:31

Hello,

What is a good worth for the brightness (means "Helligkeit" Or not?). Becurse a have increase the brightness for 20 to 40 of the normal map (the standart textur of the model Or? Or it is the Hight, dot3 map?) But is the same Problem.

by White_Wolf

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/06/07 20:09

I'm afraid that we need help from one of the users that knows more German than I do

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/13/07 05:27

Did nobody can help by this problem? This texture problem is only when I use
the code from the Parallax mapping shader.

http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/010607213641_shot_0.jpg
Posted By: tompo

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/13/07 10:27

I've never used Parallax mapping shader but the same material effect U can get using guitar's NM shader
At this picture... all is mess... textures are in wrong position

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/13/07 18:51

@tompo

Quote:

can get using guitar's NM shader

Where can I find it? I have use the search but i dont find it.

Quote:

textures are in wrong position

but only when I use the Parallax mapping shader. When i don't use the shader is the position correct.
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/14/07 14:29

Try this link to xXxGuitars Shader:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...e=0&fpart=1

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/18/07 03:11

Thank you all for the refrences

I've been thinking about writing a paralax shader for a while now. I'm waiting until I upgrade my system and/or buy SPHERE. My computers fast enough to run shaders for testing, but not in a game environment...

BTW: I havn't seen the code for the shader you describe, but somethings wrong with it. It needs to be modified...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/18/07 16:19

Quote:

but only when I use the Parallax mapping shader. When i don't use the shader is the position correct.

Just post the shader code you've got here, I'm sure it's very easy to solve. The only thing that goes wrong is the offset get's displaced by some part of the code. The parallax code would have been used for a wall, not for objects like a tank, because it has this tiling code in it.

It's probably a matter of changing two numbers,

Cheers

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/18/07 17:27

@ PHeMoX

Quote:

The parallax code would have been used for a wall, not for objects like a tank,

Tanks for this awnser, i din't know this. So i use the paralax mapping shader only for walls in the future. For my tank use I jet the Normal Mapping code from xXxGuitar511. It is a very graet code.

By White_Wolf

Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Question to the height map? (AUM 53) - 06/18/07 20:25

Von mir aus kannst du auch Deutsch reden, ist kein problem, auch wenn dein Englisch garnicht so schlimm ist.

Ich wollte dir nur mal sagen das mann schon dieses code für models benützen kann, nur muss mann die code einwenig ändern damit das alles auch richtig funktioniert. Das war auch wieso ich fragte ob du mal den code posten kannst, vielleicht kann ich dir damit helfen, trotzdem, du hast es richtig verstanden, diesen parallax shadern sind eigentlich nicht so ganz für models wie tanks oder spieler-models gemeint.

Alles gute,
© 2024 lite-C Forums