Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner

Posted By: George

Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 02/08/10 09:53

Team member(s), please discuss anything that has to do with sound and music here.
Posted By: Dimme

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 02/08/10 19:09

Hi guys,

When you finalize your idea for the game then i will come up with my suggestion for the music and sound effects. Until then i will be checking out your posts.
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/04/10 15:25

i will do music for the game. tell me what sort you need and i can do it. no problem.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/04/10 20:15

smile I think i can handle it.
Posted By: zeusk

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/04/10 20:18

hey guys i think i can handle this job.
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 00:05

Quote:
Hi team members,

Last few weeks I was working on some music ideas for the game. I have 9 tracks uploaded on the SkyDrive and it would be great if you would download it and tell me what you think.

I decided to answer this here, as it belongs to this thread more I think.

At first very nice work, I like it very much especially the loopability is really good!

Here is an order of my favourites with some impressions:

1: fields of light -> mysterious feeling but still cool and with a bit of action. This sample simply represents, how I imagine this game and it's gameplay

2: stranger to stranger -> feeling of lonlyness and sadness, but also exploration, hope. This sample is propably not suited for the normal game situation, but more for special story elements. I like it very much.

3: Vortex of illusion -> movement, fun, nice theme. When this sample will be extended by some more variation it'd be a really nice track.

4: Beside you and time -> I find them not so special compared to the others, but they sound nice and I'd say they also fit to the game's style (as long as this can be judged from this point of development).

5: Concrete sky, is it me, on the line -> These three tend to be a little too "techno" like. They let me think of fast action heavy gaming situations. But that's my personal taste of course wink
Posted By: Superku

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 00:20

I've listened to all tracks vol 1 and 2 more than 5 times, here is my opinion:
Very well done! I will give you my ranking / order, starting with the best, too:

concrete sky - I love that one laugh (esp. the first half)
the first half of "beside you", really nice, too, reminds me of Clint Eastwood
is it me
vortex of illusions
fields of light
leaf on the breeze
strange to stranger / time
on the line

Keep on the good work!
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 10:05

Good work! I loved all tracks.

I prefer melodic songs so i put first:
1.Beside you
2.Fields of light & Time

but i think that they don't leave space for playtime effect sounds. I think that a long time music will fit better.
3.Strange to stranger.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 11:17

I am by no means a musician, even remotely, but I'll deposit my opinion here as well as I can. They all are nice, and fit fine, but I'll keep it constructive and let the rest praise your music grin.

In order of goodness:

- Besides you
Nice tune, a bit empty though, short non-echo-ing sounds tend to sound so midi-like. I like the flute-like sound at the start but too bad the last tone is pitched up instead of down. Then comes the xylophone-like tune, but you could have added a 'couplet' in there, and the ending part of four couplettes takes a bit long.

- Strange to stranger
Nice and slow, but the background bass is a bit disturbing/noisy, I'd even it more out. The piano is random as it doesn't come out with a clear pattern but that's okay as the tune is slow and relaxing.

- Leaf on the breeze
Good action tune, but I would soothe the guitar-ish sound more, and maybe slow the tempo down a little.

- Time
Sounds a bit random, try to get a more catchy, structured tune to it.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 11:59

I have listened to all the tracks and you've got a great variety - good job! I think that we need to stay away from club / dance tracks for this game, though.

These are my favorites:
- Fields of light
- Is it me
- On the line
Posted By: Ganderoleg

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/05/10 18:26

O.k. I have played them and they all sound good but here is my list:

1.Strange to stranger
2.Fields of light
3.Time
4.Beside you
5.Leaf on the breeze
6.Vortex of Illusions
7.Concrete sky
8.On the line
9.Is it me

My favorites are definitely the first two samples since they seems to carry their own atmosphere and could be emotionally recognizable even outside the game.

As for categorization I would say that 1to3 could be level ambient tracks, 4to6 are more suited for menus or credits, 7 & 8 sounds like the boss battle music and 9... sounds like something for the club & drinks in Munich when the game is done grin
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/06/10 16:20

wow. until i posted in this topic yesterday, it was dead. i will make some samples of music and send them to you.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 03/08/10 18:49

Hi guys,

I'm very pleased that you took the time to listen to my sample files.
Judging by your opinions and suggestions i believe that the music direction that i should be heading in is more ambiental and less dynamic and noisy grin

I will be uploading couple of new samples in a week or two taking in to account your suggestions and guidelines.

Best regards,

Ivan

Re: Untitled Platformer - Sound & Music corner - 06/22/10 06:46

Dear team members,

I have uploaded some orchestral music tracks to our SkyDrive account. Please check them out when you've got some free time in your hands.

Thank you.
George
© 2024 lite-C Forums