Vaccinations - Impfung

Posted By: pararealist

Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 02:16

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had their swine-flu vaccine yet?
Also if anyone is going to not have one?
There are (as always) some proclaiming the pros and some proclaiming the cons.
It would be interesting to hear your views.
//
AND how is it possible for anyone to predict for certain that an epidemic is coming?
//
interesting link
http://www.culttv.info/viewtopic.php?p=6930
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/swine-...ouTube-hit.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDxJgJRqPng

Posted By: Oxy

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 09:38

The swine flu is not more dangerous as any other yearly
flu.
Its just that the swine flue has the same base as
the Spanish Flu, but its simply not as
fatal.

I dont understand all the publicity about that particular flu.

You should ask: Do you get vaccine for the normal flu also
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 09:41

Originally Posted By: Oxy
The swine flu is not more dangerous as any other yearly
flu.

I dont understand all the publicity about that particular flu.

You should ask: Do you get vaccine for the normal flu also

exactly, i hate that everyone is acting like this is a huge deal.
Posted By: Toast

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 09:48

Yeah you often get the impression that this is just about making money for the pharmacy industry. The swine-flu might be more infective than the standard flu but people were made very aware of it (which imo is a good thing) and so there still die more people from the standard flu(s) than from swine-flu. The whole drama in the media is totally artificial (especially during the time the swine-flu was a new topic where people predicted thousands of deaths in bigger cities in no time)...

That together with the toxic additives the vaccines of today include are my reasons for not getting one...

There of course also is the general question of how effective vaccines are and if the additives don't do more harm than the vaccine itself does good. Imo an interesting topic where imo the critics get too much "stupified" by experts and the media in general...

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 10:46

I was on vacation in Turkey and they even scan your body temperature to detect swine-flu at the airport.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 14:15

A perfectly healthy 14 year old girl died on the swine flu recently. She's not the only healthy kid who died from the disease. In the Netherlands the Swine Flu is not given to healthy persons, only to people with health problems or above a certain age. The government is now debating whether or not to give children the vaccine as well.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 14:39

yes, but perfectly healthy people die from the regular flu too, doesnt mean when I start puking I'm going to call 911.

It's like sars, from my understanding, after a little medication you were fine, and the only issue with it was is that it is very easy to spread. but the media flared it up into this giant life threatening epidemic like it was going to take humanity off the face of the planet.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:00

36.000 die every year in the US by the normal influenca.

...if swine flue kills 36.001, then its over average fatal.
until then its media hype
Posted By: Error014

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:13

The main reason for getting a vaccination right now is not so much to avoid feeling sick for a few days, instead, it's important to make sure as few people as possible infect themselves. The more people infected, the higher the risk for dangerous mutations. Since a dangerous mutation (for which we would have no vaccinations, and which might be a huge danger down the line) should be avoided at all cost (since it could prove to be quite deadly - and, apparently, especially for healthy young males aged 14 to 49), it might be a good idea to get as many people as possible vaccinated.

That being said: The incredible speed in which we had to develiop this vaccine didn't allow as thorough testing as we'd like to have, so there's a valid case for concern. Especially given incidents like this.

Of course, I'm neither a medical professional, nor a media professional (like, apparently, most of you), so what do I know. But this discussion will never get interesting with a few pro-facts, so please refer to the above, thank you.

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:22

Well, the vaccine had a 2500% kill to save ratio
1 person died of the flu, 25 died of the vaccine for the flu.

Not really a promotion for getting the vaccine.

Quote:
The strain itself killed one person and hospitalized 13[citation needed]. However, side-effects from the vaccine caused 25 deaths

Quote:
verall, about 500 cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), resulting in death from severe pulmonary complications for 25 people, were probably caused by an immunopathological reaction to the 1976 vaccine.

Posted By: Error014

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:28

Yeah, which is why it's not part of the "pro-vaccine"-part.

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:37

Two videos showing pretty much certain vaccine side-effects (highly rare though but still it shows that there are several additives which can cause pretty much anything):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP2e2B84r30&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvFC3nxnEHg&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/26/09 20:45

I would not oppose getting the vaccine.
Its makes sense for old, sick, pregnant and infant people.
Just as suggested every year for the normal influenca.

But there is simply no additional argument for it beeing
the swine flu now.

I simply think its a hype about the name.
The media should say: there is a flu like every year,
get a vaccine (like you should get every year) to
pass a normal flu period like every year.
Posted By: ello

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/27/09 09:34

i never had a flu vaccine. guess i'll just keep an eye on any symptomes that may occur in my family and than do whatever is neccessary
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/27/09 20:48

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
But there is simply no additional argument for it beeing the swine flu now.

People with a higher risk should stick to their normal flu shot. I'm sure many people won't ever risk getting swine flu.

Quote:
I simply think its a hype about the name.

Yes, it clearly is. The media is all over normal flu deaths in our country. They instantly call every case a 'swine flu death', even though it isn't. There has been one case of a possible swine flu death, but its not even certain.

Additionally, the chances of getting better after a swine flu infection are very good. Many people won't even get sick to the point of being ever in a life threatening situation.

Quote:
The media should say: there is a flu like every year,
get a vaccine (like you should get every year) to
pass a normal flu period like every year.

Yes, and I wouldn't trade it for the swine flu vaccine this year just because the media cause a proverbial panic, instead the normal flu shot will really be enough for those who've always needed that.

For everyone else, just make sure you go to see a doctor when you get a nasty flu.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/28/09 00:49

The media may not say swine flu anymore anyway. They must call it H1N1. This makes it already sound way less hyped. Last months I haven't heard any news on tv about it (not that I watch much).
Posted By: badapple

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/28/09 02:38

it is being debated right now , that getting the vaccine should be made mandatory! for all u s residents ... land of the free my ass!

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/28/09 15:53

Originally Posted By: Joozey
The media may not say swine flu anymore anyway. They must call it H1N1. This makes it already sound way less hyped. Last months I haven't heard any news on tv about it (not that I watch much).

Just when it started to really fade away, the media here came with news about how 10 new people every day with flu are hospitalized, with one out of every 10 going to intensive care.

It is SUGGESTED these are all Swine flu (or as we call it Mexican flu) cases, but they are not. These are normal flu cases of people that want to make sure they do not have H1N1.

To bad the media reports stuff like this as if there are 10 new cases of swine flu every day, as that's not at all the case. For some reason official numbers (and locations) of true cases of swine flu aren't made public, hence why the media is doing their guessing-game.

Again, I'd say be cautious, but don't let them scare you with bs.
Posted By: Doug

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/29/09 17:32

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX

It is SUGGESTED these are all Swine flu (or as we call it Mexican flu) cases, but they are not. These are normal flu cases of people that want to make sure they do not have H1N1.

Ignore the media and go with the CDC ( http://cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm ).

Most of the flu cases in North America and Europe are H1N1, so that part isn't hype.

It also appears to be more deadly to people under the age of 24 (normally flu kills the very old and very young).

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/30/09 09:24

@Doug:
I have to say I don't really see any evidence for what you say on that website so maybe you should explain a bit more...

I only found THIS GRAPH to actually give any clue about some kind of H1N1 numbers which doesn't give any real info on the topic of real H1N1 infections though...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/30/09 14:24

Quote:
It also appears to be more deadly to people under the age of 24 (normally flu kills the very old and very young).

Yup, but a biological weapon that only kills the old and weak makes no sense, wouldn't you agree? wink

For some reason that doesn't quite surprise me much. tongue

(By the way, on a more serious note; there's a good reason why the infection is able to spread amongst under 25 years of age this rapidly. Many children and young-adults go to school and interact quite often with eachother, basically just about every day. Add to that the amount of carriers that do not get (very) sick and it's not too surprising.)

What I do know is that many of the people that have died of the swine flu, probably wouldn't have survived a normal flu either. Most deaths are somewhat 'special cases', even though its becoming more frequent.

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 10/31/09 00:05

German:

Hab regade eine Sagrotan (Desinfektionsmittel) Werbung gesehen
"Tötet Bakterien und die Vieren der Schweinegrippe"
Dann kommt eine Kind (quitschi, dubbi dubbi, ach wie niedlich) und eine Hausfrau im Werbespot.

ärgerlich wie dumm die Werbung und die potenzielle Kundschaft
ist...

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 11/02/09 18:44

Originally Posted By: Toast
@Doug:
I have to say I don't really see any evidence for what you say on that website so maybe you should explain a bit more...

On the map in week 43, 5,453 of the 5,474 influenza infections in the US are H1N1. In Europe it's 892 out of 893.

So *most* of the flu cases in the US and Europe are H1N1.

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 11/02/09 19:08

Those numbers imo aren't about the actual number of infections. As I see it it's about the results of some specific labs from cases where people wanted to know the exact flu subtype (e.g. to exclude H1N1). It doesn't include the majority of people who just visit the doctor and get a flu diagnosis plus some medicine and go home (or simply cannot afford expensive tests - I don't know if a test is for free when there's a H1N1 suspicion)...

It also can hardly be another way as with like 200000 infections and 40000 seasonal deaths from "standard flus" it'd be hard to reach such a numbers...

EDIT:
Ah ok - you mean that map. Will have a look into it...

EDIT2:
Well it seems this also is just about the result of test labs but not about general flu infections itself. So imo the result of the graph is that swine flu is rather easy to diagnose as people suspicious of having it usually and actually have it...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 11/02/09 22:12

BTW a question: In another discussion about swine flu etc. this came up:
http://www.patentstorm.us/applications/20090010962/claims.html

Can someone here explain what exactly this patent is about and if it has any close relation to the swine flu everyone is talking about? I kinda lack the knowledge to understand what exactly this patent is about...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 11/03/09 17:57

It is about general flu infections, at least about the ones serious enough for hospitalization. They have to do a general test to get the base type in order to treat it. If you go to the graph you linked, you'll see that 33.2% did not get the H1N1 subtype test, but they can assume its H1N1 since there really hasn't been enough of the other cases yet.

I'm not trying to make people panic, this isn't end times :), but you shouldn't take H1N1 too lightly either. It's a bit more serious then the normal flu.

As far as the conspiracies go, leave them for the X-Files. laugh This is not a bio-weapon. The patent you quoted doesn't look too unusual (this is what bio-companies do), other then the fact that they are using the same virus that is going around. If our current H1N1 outbreak was an interferon resistant tumor killer, the hospitals would be overflowing by now. laugh

Re: Vaccinations - Impfung - 11/03/09 21:46

Originally Posted By: Doug
On the map in week 43, 5,453 of the 5,474 influenza infections in the US are H1N1. In Europe it's 892 out of 893.

Yes, but this shouldn't necessarily raise any alarm bells, as people are being cautious when they catch a bad flu. Meaning chances are high they've got H1N1 if the flu itself is so bad that people are being (voluntarily) hospitalized.

I'd like to see a total amount of flu cases to put all these numbers into a perspective, but I agree, it shouldn't be taken too lightly either.
© 2024 lite-C Forums