Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident?

Posted By: Toast

Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 09:30

Recently the FBI released countless documents concerning their UFO investigation. It contains this interesting document from 1950 which confirms the "Roswell legend" of a saucer like object that crashed with three bodies "of human shape" but small in size in metallic cloth found in / next to it...

http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20Hottel%20Part%201%20of%201/view

Do we now possess a "resilient" evidence for the Roswell Alien myth?
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 12:30

Why would they suddenly release their documents?

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 12:39

I think it was due to the information act but I'm not sure. Those are 100% valid FBI documents though and the release also went through the media so this is no hoax or something - those are real FBI documents...
Posted By: miez

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 13:05

I donīt doubt they are authentic, but it reads "An investigator stated that three so called...".
I doesnīt list facts, so it neither say true nor fake.

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 14:44

It's sort of a short summary of what that Air Force investigator had to say. Especially when you look up who is the recipient I don't think someone would fool around and write down crazy stories with no reliable background...

That this is no detailed report makes sense as the FBI itself afaik didn't have anything to do with Roswell and thus just can write something about what the Air Force said. I also think that a detailed report wouldn't have been appropiate as this entire document sounds like a general source of information just to inform someone with the rough details...

Maybe people will come up with other interesting documents on that matter...
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 14:47

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 18:57

Then the document could as well just be made to record that the air force investigator said that, and is of no value for the content itself, in case the FBI needs to find relations in the future for any purpose whatsoever.

Example (regarding the document still unpublished): the scientology church starts an attack against the government because they believe three sacred (alien) bodies from the Roswell incident are used for research. They want to free them, for they are holy, and siege the white house.

Now the head of Area51 knows that there are no aliens at all, and the story was made up. The air force investigator however is a bit of a conspiracy freak, and linked recent earthly events to saucers and aliens, and sold the misinformation to the scientology club, which in turn thought the air force investigator was a solid, reliable source.

Luckily the FBI recorded the air force investigator's conspiracy stories in a conversation between him and an undercover agent, resulting in this now public document. The FBI has a potential link between scientology's claims and a source of misinformation, and can take steps to investigate the issue further.

So, which story is more likely? Real aliens or one random common story like this one? I just shake it out of my sleeve, and can think of many more, but sadly most people immediately think aliens are now real. I can imagine why you really don't want these documents published publicly.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 22:23

It is interesting (considering the source being the FBI, look at the URL!) but like many said, they just say what the investigator said. There is no citation of any audio record # from an interview or anything or any other proof. It is most likely something concocted for public display. Or the investigator went a little nuts after seeing those things crash and his imagination got the better of him.

I would like to see the documents concerning the actual analysis by scientists after they retrieved it!

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 22:32

@Joozey:
Well I wouldn't use this document as the ultimate proof of aliens, flying saucers & stuff. It's a proof though that the story which insistently gets denied as nonsense and stuff crazy people came up with in the 80s (because that's the time the Roswell incident got real public interest) doesn't seem to be as far fetched as it's being told if even years after that incident (I think Roswell was 1947 - that report is from 1950) an Air Force official states those facts...

I think it's a good start though to ask some serious questions based on something reliable...

Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/11/11 23:17

Good point.

It is weird, when the Government denies that there are aliens we think they lie, when they release documents in which one of them says it's true, then we think they lie anyway 8D

So, which is it?
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 14:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcz_yQYDkBQ
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 14:54

So people believe aliens exist now because the FBI released a single, one-page document that tells the story of a random Air Force Officer who thought he saw a bunch of flying saucers and some dead guys in them? There isn't even any citations or records from the scene! The Air Force Officer may as well be just some bum off the street, as a single person without any evidence his word means nothing.

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 16:08

But the FBI is not your local newspaper. There must be something important for them to document the recording.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 16:14

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI documents everything just because they can and because it might be useful in the future.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 16:58

I would tend to agree with JustSid. I don't know much about the FBI, but I know that they certainly aren't as glorious or mysterious as television makes them out to be, and they probably documented this just because they could. Standard procedure and all that.

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 18:09

Yes, perhaps.

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/13/11 21:13

What sort of breaks this approach though is the recipient of that document. It's not a simple report or something that would just go into the "X-Files"... wink

While I don't know enough to say it for sure "Director, FBI" sounds like some serious business even if it's not THE director (which is the way it sounds to me right now though). I don't think someone would make up an extra letter just to tell some gossip & rumors or crazy talk. I'd think something like that would just go into a file (if at all) and wouldn't be sent around as seperate letter...
Posted By: pararealist

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/19/11 18:01

Hey, whats that? Oh my god, its an alien fleet.
Are they friendly? i hope... oh my god they are attacking, run run run.
Preparation for deception.

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/19/11 22:02

Unleash the bunny!
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Evidence for the truth of the legendary Roswell incident? - 04/20/11 10:40

Wait a second, let me get my facepalm gloves....
*puts on gloves*
now there...
*palms his face, removes gloves*
yes, i have facepalm glvoes, and they are white. like cartoon gloves.

anyway, as somebody who never believed that aliens crashed on earth, all ahve to say about this document is:
there a reprobably hundrets of documents like this floating around the FIB databases. why? because the FBI does record word from officials no matter how dumb that be for future investigation. it might be helpful one day.
there is no proof whatsoever that aliens ever visited the earth. its all theory. and all this document proofs is that stuff gets recorded all the time, no matter how dumb...
© 2024 lite-C Forums