3DGS and the Novint Falcon

Posted By: Ichiro

3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/15/07 04:42

Novint has announced the launch lineup for its funky and cool (and fresh!) new 3D Haptic device, the Falcon. This includes a game called Impulse Thruster, which is based on technology we created for our premiere first-person shooter, Inago Rage.

From what I see, it's one of a select few 3DGS games that were licensed (or created?) for their new product. Three cheers for 3DGS. And, of course, for us.

Because we are happy.
Posted By: Doug

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/15/07 23:52

Very cool.

Did you get a chance to use the actual Novint Falcon hardware?
If so (and you are not under NDA), how was it?
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/16/07 07:45

Oot awesome Ichiro!

Their website has only a few quicktime movies, but I found this on youtube. Wow that is so crazy, it can simulate the lugubrious feel of molasses!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gjAxGVH1JOM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if A6 can support IZ3D, the amazing new 3D LCD monitor system: http://www.iz3d.com/
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/16/07 20:59

Did you get a chance to use the actual Novint Falcon hardware?

I haven't yet, but I hope to soon. :)

I found this on youtube

That's pretty neat; I'm thinking it might be useful in 3D game development as well?

(Also: +10 points for using lugubrious to describe molasses. I will have to borrow that one.)
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/17/07 05:01

THAT LOOKS UBER FUN!
seems like you could find some amazingly inventive uses for something like this
Posted By: Zapan@work

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/28/07 02:29

A glider novint edition is also in the works
Posted By: ISG

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 01/29/07 03:21

I've also Led 2 games for Novint myself in Programming. Fishsticker and Magnet Mayhem (both on www.isg-games.com) are the projects I've been programmer in, and Magnet Mayhem is my game.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 02/01/07 14:36

Very sweet ,

Cheets
Posted By: ello

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 02/01/07 16:01

hey, that'd be a cool interface for my springBall.

congrats ichiro to your success
Posted By: sinnlos

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 02/05/07 08:54

wow... imagine modelling in zbrush with this tool!

also congrats to ichiro and ISG for your sucess!!!
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: 3DGS and the Novint Falcon - 02/05/07 12:00

Perhaps it will be the new way of playing and feeling games
like the WII , but in better with force response in all directions.
Posted By: Nagashi

Magnet Mayhem - 02/10/07 21:27

Ironbound studios in association with Ice Storm Games, recently produced art work for Novint Technologies; the art work was used in a game called Magnet Mayhem, which was part of the recently released game pack. While the art work is not exactly ground breaking we are proud to have produced work for a shipped title. This is a link to the demo video on our site which showcases the level art.

www.ironboundstudios.com/video/magnetmayhem.avi

Please note; this video requires the Xvid Codec if you do not have this codec it can be found at the bottom of our media page here Media Page.

Cheers
Posted By: Carbon

Re: Magnet Mayhem - 10/13/09 21:04

Novint has a SDK download for their HDAL (Haptic Device Abstraction Layer).They even have a test level for 3DGS. The problem is they want me to write my own DLL. I've got a Falcon and I know many of their games are created in 3DGS. But I just don't have the programming knowledge to make it work. Is there some way to simplifly the process or a tutorial that explains this more. I would like to use 3DGS and C-lite to explore this neat device.
© 2024 lite-C Forums