FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements

Posted By: the_clown

FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements - 10/02/09 11:51

I actually wanted to call this "another FPS thread", but darkinferno was faster...

However, I have a rather simple, but complex question...
What do you think of the possibility to dynamicly upgrade your weapon with attachements like in Crysis?
Or do you prefer fixed weapon setups?
Gimme your opinions please.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements - 10/02/09 12:45

for me it depends, i personally hate MULTIPLAYER games that can give players an edge due to weapon customs:

GOOD:
-16 players all have lame ass SMG
-1 player emerges as the winner, so you KNOW its ALL about his skill

BAD
-15 players have lame ass SMG 1 player has lame ass SMG..... with scope
-he emerges victorious.. ummm, i wonder why

that could easily be said for any other addition, in a multiplayer settings, all players should have an equal chance and not gain an upper hand due to weapon mods...

in a single player setting, sure its no problem, it hugely depends on the style of game you want also...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements - 10/02/09 14:31

Oh, of course, should have added that, I talk about singleplayer.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements - 10/02/09 15:05

well, single player, nothing make a game more than rewards, no matter how you look at it, every good game rewards the player, whether directly through some REWARD feature or indirectly such as making a gory headshot, seeing a body fly 10 meters, so weapon upgrades could help alot, but i'd make the player find them, rather than buying or some crap like that...
Posted By: ratchet

Re: FPS threads continue...^^ Today: Weapon Attachements - 10/08/09 13:20

@DarkInferno :
Totally agree with you ! Rewards , upgrades are a way to keep motivated the player to play to the end of the game.
Ubisoft understood it with assassin creed, the next episode will include upgrades and rewards to find when completing special indoor dungeon levels.
COD4 , also have rewards (perks) , and personnalisation throught the perks : you create your own skills.
And that's what makes games like Bioshock or Follout 3 so successfull !

Even makers of Gears fo War series recognise that future of FPS will go through personnalisation, customisation and rewards like power ups, skills etc ...
© 2024 lite-C Forums