How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who continues?

Posted By: ZZZgames

How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who continues? - 07/17/06 23:06

Hi .
I am wondering ...I have some decent work for some game i was planning to make a demo for...
If someone approached me to buy all my 3DGS work ...How should i make the transaction if i accept?
I mean contract?money transfer?copyrights?other details?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who contin - 07/18/06 00:13

I am wondering why you should do that?

Most game code is customized code.. so if your code doesnt consist of tight modules its worthless. IMHO most game parts will be rewritten or completely redesign if someone buys your project. The most interesting part of it are the concept papers, the copyright and of course licensed ressources which will be inherited in that deal naturally. I would also add maybe contact information of any outsourced people which like to proceed in the development as well.

The most important part of the transaction is the copyright deal. Do you wanna sell it as franchise or a complete copyright transaction? Do you wanna sell it to several people and every sold unit makes one dollar for you or so?

Maybe you should talk with a lawyer.

BTW: What do you wanna sell?
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who contin - 07/18/06 00:19

Yeah, what HeelX said

Maybe you need a lawyer or paralegal if it's a big deal, otherwise maybe work it out yourselves and write out an agreement, make the deal at a notary public. But if you are selling your work to someone, I don't think there is a big risk to -you-, unless you are trying to protect some copywritten content that you do not want the person to use (and have any cause to otherwise need to protect yourself).. and maybe some kind of waiver to release you from responsibility for the code in case there are problems.

Re: How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who contin - 07/18/06 01:50

Thank you for your answers.
I was only wondering how to do that because someone(not a company or something) asked me if i am selling my resources+rights of the demo i am making ..
So its not professional...i wish i could sell my project to Electronic Arts or Rockstar though
Posted By: tindust

Re: How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who contin - 07/18/06 06:48

Perhaps you can find what you need in one of these 500+ business forms/contracts:

Free Legal Forms

Cheers,
tindust

Re: How to sell my 3dgs work to someone who contin - 07/18/06 11:46

Thanks tindust !
© 2024 lite-C Forums