Wiimote and 3dgs?

Posted By: FBL

Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/06/06 22:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M&eurl=

Take a look.
They already have a working XP driver. Sounds like some great possibility.
http://www.wiili.org/Wiimote
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 05:06

somehow this looks quite unresponsive. i thought it would respond much more directly but maybe this can be adjusted?

the reason i was interested in the wii controller (or the used sensor chip) was that i thought it maybe could be used for cheap motion capturing. as an ik-target for a hand for example. but if it is unresponsive like that...
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 08:20

I'm gonna buy the WII for Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
indeed one of the best games that exists in terms of deep content and gameplay ,
story etc ...
For the WII on windows, i think you can adjust the mouse sensivity or someone will make a better driver/little software for it i hope

it can only be a very good thing : gameplay can fill lot more natural
than a mouse on a 2D plan.

the better would be ot use also the other thing that you put on top of your TV:
better presicion , depending on where you point on screen and not how you
roll or pitch the WIImote controller.

for any FPS , or samourai, medieval games (Drak Messiah) it can only enhance gameplay and immersion

I think this sort of thing will exist on PC also.
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 09:32

ventilator, keep in mind that the wiimote needs the sensor bar for exact positioning, drivers alone are not enough... now, if only nintendo releases a sensor bar for the PC ... but thats not likely.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 10:21

In fact , 3D positionning peripherials for PC already exists i think.
Posted By: ello

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 10:47

i can only ask myself how someone can play a game with over a second response time.. specially for shooters this is unusable

the idea itself is of course nice

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 12:22

in the video theres is not second delays, only low sensivity and it's not appropriated for FPS ,
the better would be the wiimote in combnation with the sensor bar, to have
direct poiting into space.
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 12:32

I suppose direct poiting into space is not working due to lack of sensor bar. And all the motion that they are getting is associated with accelrometers. They will have to implement the direct pointing feaature else it wont be of great help. But all that they have implemented is superb.

While this is a great thing to us developers, what about the ps3 remote. Has there been any crack at it. Would like to have that too, as that is also a unique input device.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 17:55

The extra sensor bar is probably not even needed to get enough accuracy.

Quote:

somehow this looks quite unresponsive. i thought it would respond much more directly but maybe this can be adjusted?

I'm certain this can be adjusted, any glove you normally would use with that driver can be made to respond quicker too, just like setting up your mouse sensitivity ...

Anyways, great stuff that it's actually working on a PC.

Cheers
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/06 18:19

All this talk of needing a sensorbar for the pc - actually all you need is two candles (light of course;) ) placed about a foot in between. If you don't believe me - read it on IGN.com
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/08/06 00:42

Quote:

ventilator, keep in mind that the wiimote needs the sensor bar for exact positioning, drivers alone are not enough... now, if only nintendo releases a sensor bar for the PC ... but thats not likely.

Keep in mind that the sensor bar is merely two infared LEDs. The wire is only used for power. The purpose of the sensor bar is to be a beaken for the remote to locate the television. Thus, with a little bit of craftiness, and a trip to radioshack, a makeshift sensor bar can easily be made.
Posted By: Doug

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/08/06 19:52

Quote:

Thus, with a little bit of craftiness, and a trip to radioshack, a makeshift sensor bar can easily be made.

When you get this working, let me know.

Quote:

it maybe could be used for cheap motion capturing

The best way to do this, IMHO, is to use infrared lights, reflective balls, and 2 or more cameras. The hardware itself is actually fairly cheap, but the software to tack the points can be tricky.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/09/06 11:40

Quote:

The best way to do this (cheap motion capturing), IMHO, is to use infrared lights, reflective balls, and 2 or more cameras. The hardware itself is actually fairly cheap, but the software to tack the points can be tricky.

When you get this working, please let me know.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/09/06 11:50

Wiili seems to be down, but here is the Link to the glove driver download:

http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/09/06 12:08

About the driver:
http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:tnE...t=clnk&cd=1

Best save it beofre it's gone.
Posted By: Nadester

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/09/06 22:19

@Doug, I'm basing that off of an article from IGN. They even claimed that two candles would work, placed on opposite sides of the television, due to the fact that fire emits infared light. I tested this, and didn't get any results, however actual infared LEDs should work a lot better. I'd like to try it someday, don't know when though.
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/10/06 00:42

Lookie here-- http://gear.ign.com/articles/740/740679p1.html

Oh noes! The robo-OBGYN's toolbox?

Nope, is controllers for the PC! Robot women every sigh in relief

The sphere is a bowling ball!? They're USB based-- who knows if the sensors are bad, though, it looks at least partially optical. Is the wiimote optical?

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/10/06 06:22

The fusion is using "ultrasonic technology" for positin checking of their remote. It is yet in development stage.
Quote:

Fusion is expected to launch at the end of next year so expect a hands-on test nearer its release.

As you can see from the IGN report, it is still far from release. By that time WiiMote will be very easily available to everybody.

Though I havent signed any NDA but the current product doesn't have any buttons.
Posted By: thefanatik

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/12/06 22:18

Have you seen the guy using the WiiMote in 3DGS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFtn_wgnIU&mode=related&search=

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/13/06 05:46

Superb. It is absolutely fantastic. Thanks fanatik for posting the link. Now only to get hold of a wiimote.
Posted By: capanno

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/13/06 14:45

Very nice! Seems a bit sluggish with the lightsaber, but better than nothing. Very nicely done!

/me excited

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/13/06 18:52

Anybody know who chrisbFX is?
Is he on the forum?
Is he looking for a job?

I'm going to go pickup a Wiimote on my lunch break (if I can find one) and see what I can do.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/13/06 19:00

Hi,
I'm chrisbFX at youtube.

The plugin is working very well. It misses some features (like getting data from the ir-sensor, or access to the memory of the wiimote, or support for the nunchuck).
When i include these things (there is no nunchuck available to buy here in my city, so i can't include this until next week ) i will release the plugin for free.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/13/06 19:18

I look forward to seeing it.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/14/06 05:29

Hi chrisbFX,
I have a couple of questions.
1. Are you developing the Driver for wiimote or a plugin for 3dgs.
2. Will it be available on win98.
3. Is the sluggishness due to wiimote itself or due to the drivers.
Bye,
MSL.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/14/06 12:55

1. its a plugin
2. i don't think that it will work on win98 (and i don'T wan't to install it for testing)
3. the plugin works correct, so the wiimote. Its a problem of using the force datas correct.
Its not easy to make a good game thats controlled with the wiimote.
Posted By: oliver2s

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/14/06 13:18

Supports your plugin the rumble feature?

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/14/06 13:22

Yes, you can enable/disable the rumble pack. Also you can control the 4 leds.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/15/06 17:54

You can send me a compiled version of your test project. I have a win 98 system here for testing.

They said new Wii arrived in Germany today.
Tomorrow I'll visit Munich for buying all sorts of xmas stuff and maybe I can pick up a wiimote + nunchuk for testing and developing.
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/16/06 00:20

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but where can I find technical details/specifications for the Wiimote ? In exchange I'll tell you how the Nintendo Power Glove worked

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/16/06 05:54

you should try google with the text - wiimote wiki.

These are some related sites which you will find interesting.

wii linux community

wii and 3dgs page.

wiimote - windows ----- howto

wiimote - Technical details

GlovePie - Wiimote ---- details.
There are complete data-sheets and technical specification on the net, somewhere.

Hope all this will help you.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/17/06 13:44

what about the nunchuck?

gonna try the glove stuff now.

EDIT:
hm can't get connected it.. maybe cause i run windows on my iMac, but not sure...
Posted By: ISG

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/17/06 20:15

Who did it with the 3DGS version? Or who made those videos I should ask? hehe...

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/17/06 22:51

How about actually reading all the posts above?

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/18/06 06:40

Quote:

hm can't get connected it.. maybe cause i run windows on my iMac, but not sure...

It should not be a problem as the driver is software interfaced .
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/18/06 08:23

yes but i was not sure about the drivers, cause it worked under mac os x.
well i got it to work now. Bluesolil still doesnt show me that the wii controller is connected, but i can run the glove scripts and it works fine.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 01/04/07 00:42

I worked on something the last few days.
With the help of ChrisB and some public domain source code, I was able to get Wiimote working with A5.
Works surprisingly well.

Ready your Wiimotes, Nunchuks and Bluetooth devices - I need to do some small additions and bugfixes, and then we're ready to go

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 01/04/07 01:00

Boahhhh! WOw! You guys are amazing, what great possibilities this opens up. I wonder how the wiimote could be used in an action-platformer kind of application. Wish I had a Wii so I could see how it works in the new Zelda game. It's really generous of you to share your plugin with the community.
Posted By: Ayrus

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 01/04/07 06:39

if you search youtube, you can find a video of a guy playing wow with it.

Regards,
Ayrus

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 01/05/07 22:17

Here it is.
Four Little Warriors with rudimentary Wiimote + Nunchuk support.

http://www.4warriors.de/index.php?show=files
(4lwiidemo.exe)

Gesture support is clumsy at best, so don't slash you Wiimote too fast - the routine has problems detecting this.

Enjoy!

PS: There are no new features - so although this version is palyable with mouse and keyboard as well, it has no improvements to the last demo.

The plugin needs quite some CPU power, so better have a fast PC to keep delays at a minimum. I'll have to see what I can improve here.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/06/07 23:57

Is the plugin available to the public yet?
Posted By: Samb

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/07 00:38

http://www.conitec.net/forecast.htm
Support for the Nintendo® Wii Remote.

It makes no sense that gamestudio will support that ,only if you want to make prototypes for a Wii game, but gamestudio WILL support the wii remote...
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/07 09:05

Whats the big deal with the Wii , isnt it the same thing as the power glove for the NES ? Only diff would be the power glove didnt work as well , prolly because of limited technology.
Posted By: Samb

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/07 10:44

Quote:

Whats the big deal with the Wii , isnt it the same thing as the power glove for the NES ? Only diff would be the power glove didnt work as well , prolly because of limited technology.

no, it isnt.
and I don't want to explain it again and again and again. just look at someone playing wii for one minute and you know whats different.
I really getting tired of "explaining" the wii concept and just have fun with some great games
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/07 16:03

Quote:

http://www.conitec.net/forecast.htm
Support for the Nintendo® Wii Remote.

It makes no sense that gamestudio will support that ,only if you want to make prototypes for a Wii game, but gamestudio WILL support the wii remote...

you could make arcade style shooters with this, among other things

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 12/07/07 16:10

Quote:

Is the plugin available to the public yet?

The DLL is working fine, but I messed around with the Lite-C file needed to run it. Haven't had time yet to clean it up a bit.

Re: Wiimote and 3dgs? - 02/28/08 17:02

Beta is available now.
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/818974/an/0/page/0#Post818974
© 2024 lite-C Forums