Creating 3D models in 3D modelers?

Posted By: jeffmorris

Creating 3D models in 3D modelers? - 08/15/07 11:45

I'm confused after trying to create a 3D model in 3D modelers like Blender. I created a 3D box that is one unit long, high, and wide. I exported the box to 3DS file. I imported the box into MED. I saved the box to MDL file. I placed the box in WED but the box is too small. I had to scale the box to fit the small grid square which is 16 units long, high, and wide. The grid doesn't show in MED. How do I enable the grid in MED? How to I convert the 3D model to 3D triangle mesh in Blender before exporting the 3D model?
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Creating 3D models in 3D modelers? - 08/16/07 11:42

The size of 1 blender unit may not represent 1 quant (the measure used in the engine), so naturally it will not be the same scale
Posted By: 3DRichard

Re: Creating 3D models in 3D modelers? - 08/17/07 14:31

Quote:

How do I enable the grid in MED?

In MED press File->Preferences->Video Out, and then mark 2dgrid and 3dgrid
Quote:

How to I convert the 3D model to 3D triangle mesh in Blender before exporting the 3D model?

Select your model and enter the Edit mode, then select all the faces or vertices, then press Space on your keyboard, in opened menu choose Edit->Faces->Convert to triangles.

Blender can also convert triangles back to quads, in the same menu just choose Convert to quads.
© 2024 lite-C Forums