need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Posted By: Andvari

need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/27/09 21:35

Hello guys, I need some hold to export a model smirk. I finally switched from the old 3dsmax 8 to 9 only to realize that there is no MDL exporter for 9 frown. I've heard that Ultimate unwrap does the job, can someone give me a hand?

thanks in advance
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/27/09 22:53

I wonder if Malabar still offers his MDL export SCRIPT? I didn't see it on his web site any more. Since it was a script, it works in all versions of MAX.

But you don't have to use Ultimate Unwrap. You could also get Milkshape. Export from MAX, import to Milkshape and the save as a GameStudio MDL.

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/27/09 22:54

Also, depending on what you need to do, you can export from MAX as OBJ or FBX and open that file directly in MED.

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 00:34

Thanks Dan.

Well, I tried FBX already and the animations aren't exported properly, .X isn't working well neither frown.

I'll look how Milkshape works, thanks!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 01:28

or can you get it from max to blender?
because ventilator has a great plugin to export to mdl from blender. It really works great.
Posted By: Tiles

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 10:40

UU3D exports to MDL4 or 5. You are better suited to export from Blender, which exports to MDL7. At least for static stuff. For animated stuff UU3D's MDL5 could be an option. But with animation i would suggest to export to FBX, then load the FBX into MED ...

You say your FBX doesn't work proper? Is this FBX from UU3D or from your render app? I have no trouble with the from UU3D exported animation ...

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 16:28

FBX from 3dsmax isn't working smirk. The animations aren't exported properly, the bones moves but the feet slide all over the place.

Maybe someone using UU3D can export it to MDL for me if I provide the .u3d file smile

bye!
Posted By: Quad

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 17:31

try updating the exporter?

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 18:09

Andvari,

I only have Max 8, but if you can hand me the file in a format Max 8 can handle, I can export it to MDL for you.

Also, follow Quadraxas advice. There are a few flavors of FBX out there. Make sure you have the latest one installed. I think MED allows for two different FBX versions, so try both importers as well.

Re: need help frpm someone using Ultimate Unwrap 3D - 02/28/09 18:17

Thanks for the advice Quadraxas and Dan, I'll try a newer version of FBX.
© 2024 lite-C Forums