Problem with WED terrains from Blender

Posted By: Kfoster825

Problem with WED terrains from Blender - 03/10/09 02:15

Hey all,

I'm just learning, so please forgive my ignorance....only had GS7 for two months, and Blender for a few weeks.

I created models in Blender to be used as terrains in WED. They exported just fine to MDL files, and I used the manage skins screen to aply an RGB skin as skin 1 and a "shadow map" BMP as skin 2 after converting the MDL's to terrains.

In WED I started a new project and imported my four terrains, being careful to alighn them perfectly so there would be no seams between them. However, when I compiled the level and test ran it (before adding a shader) the terrains showed up in the correct order, but widely separated. I did scale them in WED before compiling.....they were way too small.

Also, my RGB skin shows up perfectly, but showing through it is my "shadow map" small and tiled....and it's the whole BMP for all four terrains tiled on each one, not the separate cut up BMP's that should be different for each one.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted By: Rayn

Re: Problem with WED terrains from Blender - 03/10/09 13:02

Hi There

Just a quick answer on your problem with the terrains being seperated after the export: In Blender, in "Object Mode", click on one of your terrain-models. Then click on "Object" and "Clear/apply". Finally click on apply scale/rotation, and visual transform and deformation. Repeat this for the other terrain-models.

Good luck

Re: Problem with WED terrains from Blender - 03/11/09 00:50

Rayn....thanks for the reply, but I still am not having any luck. My terrains in WED are still separated.

I'll keep trying.

Re: Problem with WED terrains from Blender - 03/12/09 10:39

fixed! I switched from global to object coordinates in the exporter script and it worked!!!!
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: Problem with WED terrains from Blender - 04/09/09 12:03

BTW: Ctrl+a is the hot key for applying scale and rot to a mesh.

As far as the skins go...
Open each tile inside med...
go to edit>
manage skins>
select the skin>
texture header>
open file dialogue>
select your skin>
apply to mesh>
save file.
© 2024 lite-C Forums