FMOD

Posted By: VeT

FMOD - 04/22/09 12:27

Now, i'm coming to some sounds for my game smile
As i remember, GS supports not bad sound system (at least, 3d sound works great smile )...
So, how FMOD can be used?
Posted By: fogman

Re: FMOD - 04/22/09 12:35

Kudos to HeelX:

http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/projects/fmod/fmod.html

Re: FMOD - 04/22/09 12:38

Yes-yes, thanks, i saw this... I'm talking about differences between Fmod and build-in engine sound system?
Posted By: Error014

Re: FMOD - 04/23/09 15:27

Oh, if only you could use such advanced audio-concepts like reversing sound in A6. Oh, if only!

Everyone, what I mean to say is: PLEASE create a plugin for me that can do this. I'd love you forever and ever and ever. smile
Posted By: HeelX

Re: FMOD - 04/23/09 20:02

I started to rewrite the plugin from scratch but this was delayed due to some university projects which required my attention. I'll soon continue on this. AFAIK, Gamestudio will move to another sound API in the future, maybe OpenAL.
Posted By: Error014

Re: FMOD - 04/24/09 13:33

I'm still using A6 (and will continue doing so for my current project), so unfortunately I'm not affected by the OpenAL-switch.

However, if you were to finish the FMOD-A6-plugin, that would be really, really great smile
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: FMOD - 04/24/09 14:26

Ok that's all nice, but none of you really replied to Vets question:

Quote:
I'm talking about differences between Fmod and build-in engine sound system?

I guess he means what Features Fmod has.
Posted By: XD1v0

Re: FMOD - 04/24/09 15:12

Quote:
I'm talking about differences between Fmod and build-in engine sound system

I think capability of Fmod bigger than in GS, for example GS sound system(DirectSound) do not support dynamic sound effects such echo,gargle,compressor and other, FMOD do not use windows stream so you can use big audio files without codecs, also with FMOD you can change position of playing file,record from microphone and use many function what exist in FMOD.
HeelX make very useful tool for all GS users.
Posted By: William

Re: FMOD - 04/24/09 15:59

Hopefully your plugin will allow resourced sounds to play soon. I'm still looking forward to converting my game over to FMOD as soon as this is possible. Thanks for your support HeelX, and I hope your university projects went well. smile
Posted By: HeelX

Re: FMOD - 04/24/09 23:43

Full feature support and compatibility to both C-Script / Lite-C within one DLL is my highest priority. WRS comes after that and is planned - but I have to find out first how that works.

I will post any information when available.

Re: FMOD - 04/27/09 09:41

XD1v0, thanks, that was what i wanted to know
So, additional sound effects and big audiofiles... okay, lets see

Thank you, guys, for answers
© 2024 lite-C Forums