C++

Posted By: darkjavas

C++ - 06/03/09 19:42

Hay there,

I want to learn programing, I have lots of books and so forth but I want to know what softwear is out there so I can learn C++ inside of that.
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: C++ - 06/03/09 20:16

You mean an IDE....
bloodshed, visual studio, borland....there are always others, but search for them on google or whatever to get you started....
Another question to ask yourself is if you are creating a game an MFC or win32 app....if you don't know enough about this stuff, then lite-C is probably a good first step...and is an amazingly powerful tool...very quick to prototype as well.
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: C++ - 06/03/09 21:46

Hey DJ, i use Visual C++ ( cus i have to ) frown
but DevC++ is good
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: C++ - 06/03/09 22:54

I used DevC++ because it is incredibly slim and quick smile
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: C++ - 06/04/09 07:05

DevC++ where have you been all my life? I just "discovered" it now after looking at this thread, and am really pleased. I already had Microsoft Visual C++ Express (don't laugh at me), and assumed (yes, i know that was stupid) that I wouldn't really be able to do much better/easier when it comes to a free C++ IDE.

Very happy now laugh I just installed it, went "new project", "openGL example" or something like that, compiled and run, and was all smiles laugh

Jibb
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: C++ - 06/04/09 14:49

DevC++ doesn't appear to get maintained anymore since 2005, so if that's a concern for you you might like codeBlocks.

Jibb
Posted By: Tobias

Re: C++ - 06/08/09 17:12

Visual C++ 2008 Express is free. Its quite heavy, almost uses 1 GB on the hard disk but I think its the best C++ development environment so far.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: C++ - 06/08/09 17:58

I use vc++ full, but used to use codeblocks before I could afford it. They both are pretty good.
© 2024 lite-C Forums