GroupWare/Project management software (web based)

Posted By: old_bill

GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 08/04/09 18:58

For the case someone is looking for a groupware or project management
solution which is web based and OSS / free, you should maybe have a look at this
nice little overview of currently availiable projects/tools:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/open-source-project-management-software.html
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 08/08/09 07:17

Nice; thanks for sharing! We've been using a mishmash of Google Docs, Google Calendar, Task2Gather, various mindmapping software, YaBB, and so forth. I wish we could get an all-in-one integrated, hosted system for cheap.
Posted By: ulf

Re: GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 08/08/09 12:47

is used to find phprojekt.com very useful, which was missing in the listing... its not so overloaded like other groupware suites and provides enough comfort for small productions...
Posted By: old_bill

Re: GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 08/09/09 08:49

I used dotProject.net some years ago, but got rid of it because of the missing development progress....
Posted By: DemiL

Re: GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 10/15/11 03:37

Been using Basecamp for almost 2 years. We were satisfied but we are currently looking for something specific like an accurate time tracking software and found these alterantives: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/02/43-project-management-software-alternatives

Found lots of alternatives in that link being compared at each other. Will still try to use them with their free version so I can evaluate if it's really a good time tracking software.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: GroupWare/Project management software (web based) - 10/17/11 11:12

It is sad that Jira is so difficult to get if you want to work with it for free. I like this tool and use it manly at work for java projects that are developed in agile mode. Otherwise, 10$ is not much for such a good software!
© 2024 lite-C Forums