Sculptris :

Posted By: ratchet

Sculptris : - 10/01/11 16:39

Yep, after trying Dynamesh in Zbrush or Clay Live tool on 3D Coat, these tools allow you to hav a constant tirangle definition when you push/pull the surface or Voxels.
But well, they are for making the general shape before going in detail.

I went back to Sculptris and really i find it's the fastest tool
compared to others to make quickly a base mesh and also detail at same time.
And the tool to reduce the polygons on surface is amazingly usefull laugh

Yes Sculptris really rules, and my actual workflow is lot more
Sculptris -> 3D coat for now. And i don't target ultra realistic world or characters also.

Zbrush knew they had to buy Sculptris before it would grow and become a serious challenger.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Sculptris : - 10/01/11 20:23

I find Sculptris->ZBrush to be an excellent workflow, especially since Sculptris now has the GoZ (or something) button, that instantly transfers the model to ZBrush.

I know you and I have different preferences for final sculpting tools, but I just wanted to mention how that feature has been added and is very useful!
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: Sculptris : - 10/02/11 08:53

i could never understand z-brush... even 3D-coat is counter intuitive to me... sculptris on the other hand, man!!
This is my first sculpt ever, made a year ago from the default sphere, no base head... amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYuUC3uKtDI

Re: Sculptris : - 10/02/11 21:42

Yes i also use GOZ, but sometimes i just export from Sculptris to ".obj" to retopoology dircetly under 3D Coat.
Yep sculptris rules, easy, fast and great results, and anyway you can bring high res details , or downgrade resolution on other areas.

Blender should use such system fro 3D scultping , it would be ultimate tool : Hard Surface modeling mixed with sculpting tools.
Posted By: JoGa

Re: Sculptris : - 10/27/11 06:13

As far as I know blender has this feature.
There is also a sculpting - mode, I tried it but for me sculpting with scultris is easier.
You could create a low poly-mesh with blender, save it as *.obj and import this in Sculptris. There you can create details for normalmap/...
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Sculptris : - 10/27/11 07:13

blender doesnt have dynamic tessalation which is why ratchet is saying sculptris is so amazing wink
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Sculptris : - 10/27/11 18:43

Although, there are two variants of that in the making - I hope it makes it quite early into the main branch of blender! laugh
blendernation

EDIT:
And a more recent video:
tesselation with hook brush
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Sculptris : - 10/27/11 19:09

I like that you can pinch off parts in that video:) hope it makes it:p

Re: Sculptris : - 10/27/11 19:39

The last video looks impressive !
When it will be available i'll test it to see how fast it is ?
Blender beeing too slow for sculpting when i tested the last versions.
And that last tool don't have dynamic resolution, it don't seem like Sculptris can do ? But it's a great step indeed laugh

Sculptris is really powerfull, you have a big big control on your level of detail , and with a mouse you are very precise ,
the volume just grow as you want , not too fast or too strong that you also depending on camera distance that uses low or big detail in sculpting.

Even on Zbrush, you can't mix very low detail on some parts of the mesh and high details and modify that at any time.

Sculptris is really powerfull , even hard surface are easy to make, specially if you use the "crease" tool and it's inverted
working way. It's simply fun, powerfull and a real pleasure laugh

© 2024 lite-C Forums