Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture

Posted By: DestroyTheRunner

Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/01/11 19:17

Hi

A looong time ago(4 years ago i think), somebody taught me a way to build roads in wings3d which is applying a texture to a block and extruding it evenly so the texture repeats itself and you go on....
I never tried it until today! And I noticed that whenever I extrude the face(or adjacent faces) or the texture gets stretched or the texture doesnīt repeat at all...

Can somebody give me any tips of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks laugh
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/01/11 21:55

Google ? or Wings 3D forums ?
Or try Blender ?

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/01/11 22:38

Google = Searched and didnt found anything helpfull.

Wings 3D = forums I know it shouldīve be my best bet, but since I was already registered here and not there, I tried here first (Third Party Tools), its probably the next thing im going to do. laugh

Blender = Thatīs where I get sad, I just canīt get the hang of it neither like it, read tons of tutorials and looks like you spend more time tweaking and configuring Blender for later use than really producing something with it (sorry, I might not be smart enough for blender)

Thanks anyway.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/03/11 06:53

I used to tutor for blender. Everyone I showed picked it up very quickly. I'm looking to get back into it if your interested.
Posted By: pararealist

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/03/11 11:52

I had the same problem with blender, left it for a while then went back at it. I am glad i did.
Dont try to create anything at first. Just watch the video tutorials on modelling(repeatedly) and stick with it, soon you will find your apprehension turning to wonder.

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/05/11 12:40

well, looks like Iīll have no choice other than getting back into Blender.

@lostclimate: sure! do you have a tutorial or something like that? thank you laugh

@pararealist: Iīll keep that in mind!

Thanks guys.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/06/11 16:39

I do hands on remote teaching using screensharing software.

Google kravenwolf to see one of my students work laugh

Pm me if your interested

Re: Wings3d Extruding and Repeating a texture - 12/07/11 10:35

PM sent.
© 2024 lite-C Forums