Posted By: MDC

The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/01/06 11:12

Post deleted by MDC
Posted By: Damocles

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/01/06 11:26

I've got a flowerpot. Is this enough?
Posted By: MDC

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/01/06 11:32

A flower pot. What do you think. is that enough?
Posted By: broozar

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/01/06 11:40

'we' need >'modelers, programmers level designers'. what are you after all?

all _we_ can see is you are a "newbie" with 44 posts, nothing to show, a really bad product description, and obviously no idea of a6 mp programming, otherwise you'd know that mmorpgs aren't that easy to accomplish, in fact that's something noone has ever done before in this engine.

don't expect a serious answer to such a post.
Posted By: William

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/02/06 13:05

Quote:

I've got a flowerpot. Is this enough?

lol, nice!
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/02/06 16:44

I gotta agree with the other guys, making a mmorpg is some tough work...i would suggest starting small...but if you must make a mmo...there is a program out there that allows you to make a 3d mmo without programming.. i would suggest just sticking with a6 and "LEARN" how to make games ...in the long run it is better.

but of course you can go to **push easy button** and make a mmo with realm crafter...but the quilty is only as good as the artist...and you will be limited to the features it has unless you script a new feature...and it uses the basic language...which isnt that fast...opps blitzbasic language

Sorry if noone takes you series...its just we have had years of seeing noobs with less than 100 post ..post these types of dreams...they sad to say end the same way

Daniel
Posted By: capanno

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/06/06 18:38

Thats funny. Im also planning a mmorpg. Its gonna be better than WOW and Guildwars.

I need about 500 people, in every aspect. programming, art, etc.

Email me if interested.
Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/06/06 18:44

n1 Joke

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/06/06 18:49

only if it's based on php and gif images.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/06/06 19:41

Thats true, a MMORPG done with php / browserbased might be possible to realize even for a hobby team.
Would be a roundbased game then though.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 02:17

why is there not a flash mmo? ive been thinking about it forever, but i never really tried it.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 08:24

because flash would need php as well. so you would rather program the UI in flash, the rest in php.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 11:24

yeah, i made a Flash MMO a while ago, to study PHP at school...

never got down to the gameplay part, but you could walk around and chat with each other.
also the possibility to create your own character was there

Dont know where it's at right now, i'll look for it someday.
but be aware of my bad flash artist skills

regards,

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 17:55

Yay! I knew it was possible, i just never tried it:)

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 19:46

it's actually really easy if you know action script...
the PHP part isnt the baddest of them all, it's basically connection MySQL and storing/retrieving values, that's all.

and since action script looks a lot like c-script (AS 1.0) it's really good to do for us 3dgs programmers

i'll make a .exe and upload it once.

regards,

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/07/06 20:36

thats what i counted on, i've never done any data base work, that is the only problem i could see myself having, but i figured if you use mysql just to store positions and stats, it wouldnt be to hard

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/08/06 20:05

Now it would be very interesting to write a plugin, that is capable to read out the data from php,
and display it in a 3dgs enviroment.

This way it is really possible to make a (roundbased) MMORGP using 3dgs,
as the networking is done in php, and the visualisation in 3dGS (wich looks better than
a browserpicture or flashapplication)

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/08/06 20:16

you actually can, look at peacekeepers GS_HTTP-Plugin. all your php output must be written as echo statements and must't contain any code but \n for line changes. it's really possible, but for the sake of speed, bandwidth and actualisation rate, i'd look for another solution.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/08/06 20:28

It would play like a browsergame. with few updates per minute.

But browsergames are fun nevertheless,
and building up a city using 3dgs (and the submitting the changes all a once)
are more fun than just clicking icons in a browser.

-> it would be at least a larger onlinegame made with 3dGS...

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/08/06 20:38

thinking about a town simulation, you'd have to use a big saving file for the city, containing all houses, environment, progress etc. , a savegame file for every user, a script that handles all time-based operations (e.g. building a house would take 2 hours) that processes all request-scripts. you wouldn't need _that_ much php... but i really doubt it'd be fun. in my eyes, browser games live from the fact that you can play them anywhere, anytime, without havin to install anything special.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/10/06 12:17

Runescape - java applet mmo.
flash > java

think about it

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/10/06 16:51

exactly, and rs is a very good game

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/10/06 17:21

flash > java ... no. it isn't. flash can interact with java, but that's all. if you want to create an applet in java, it will be java, not flash.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/10/06 17:57

no.. what he was saying was that flash was better than java, which isnt completely true, flash makes it easier to have incredibly small file sizes, but uses MUCH more cpu power, i do like programming with flash much better too

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/10/06 18:41

hmm... 3d in flash without prerendering? never seen this. with java, it is no problem.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/11/06 03:33

actually flash would be the best optimized to use 3d out of the 2 if someone could do it right, since it uses vector drawing anyways it could draw the triangles nicely. you have to remember with java the file sizes are going to be much much bigger.

EDIT sorry rhuarc, just got talking about something else, perhaps ill make a thread about it sometime
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/11/06 04:23

Like a bunch of flies to a pile of [censored]....

Everyone wants to point and laugh at the MMORPG-minded. Since post one, this has been off-topic, even if the OP wasn't credible.

Let the thread rest guys...
Posted By: Leon

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/11/06 22:25

Ok I didn't want to answer to this topic until I saw a banner of what I'm about to mention just if you scroll your mouse wheel a little further down.

Yeah you can actually make a MMORPG your own, you will have to purchase a copy of the Realm Crafter Engine which is even cheaper then this one and you'll get everything you need already in-built since it's a lot hardcoded and comes out with solid template scripts.

So here is your url http://realmcrafter.com/ and nice freaking out

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/15/06 00:26

This is probable the best way for newbees who really want to make an MMORPG.
(maybe conitec should state that in the main page:
dont expect to make a MMORPG !,
look for other auditoring tools if you want to persue this task)

But nevertheless 3dGS could be combined with other networking approaches like php
to make massive multiplayer games, with 3dgs as a grafical display.
Using the networking dll for example.
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/15/06 02:53

Quote:

But nevertheless 3dGS could be combined with other networking approaches like php

pardon me if this sounds stupid, but could this be done by someone other than conitec? like through a plug in/dll ?
just curious really , i don't really know much about scripting other than a few things with c-script

Daniel

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/15/06 19:14

Quote:

Quote:

pardon me if this sounds stupid, but could this be done by someone other than conitec? like through a plug in/dll ?
just curious really , i don't really know much about scripting other than a few things with c-script

Daniel

Sure, if the person knows PHP/MySQL really well, and know's how to retrieve the data with that into 3dgs... I think that would even be faster then 3dgs's built in networking codes (no offence to conitec, its just an idea ).

I got the networking an PHP scripts ready, i could try it someday, too bad working in a game store means REALLY BUSY in december .... (which is equal to hardly no time for gamedesign), so i have to wait untill the new year before i can try.

If anyone is interested in helping me, add me on msn, i could show the Flash game... Reminds me, should still upload that somewhere

anyway, I'll see how things go.

regards,
Posted By: khanoftruth

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/15/06 23:34

This is a pretty popular topic for one that has been deleted.
Posted By: Blackmamba

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/16/06 22:33

This shows how much the community is interessed in hearing something about multiplayer or MMORPG done with 3D Gamestudio. My Opinion is you can create a MMORPG with 3DGS im working on one right now. The reason is simple this engine uses DirectX so with knowledge of C++ and PHP you can create a Massive Multiplayer Online Game . 3DGamestudio is a great Development Tool . And by the way you dont need hunderts of people to create a good game .

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/18/06 14:38

Quote:

This shows how much the community is interessed in hearing something about multiplayer or MMORPG done with 3D Gamestudio. My Opinion is you can create a MMORPG with 3DGS im working on one right now. The reason is simple this engine uses DirectX so with knowledge of C++ and PHP you can create a Massive Multiplayer Online Game . 3DGamestudio is a great Development Tool . And by the way you dont need hunderts of people to create a good game .

Anyone who thinks PHP is a sufficient implementation to make a MMORPG that can hold water troubles me greatly.

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/18/06 23:11

PHP is shure a sensefull method.
PHP can handle the online part, and 3dGS just needs a way to
communicate with PHP, like using the html plugin.

Of course this will not allow realtime online games.
But it should be enough to make a turnbased gameplay, and a chat.
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/19/06 00:22

rofl

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! - 12/19/06 01:25

Quote:

Sans security, of course.

-Rhuarc
Posted By: adoado

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/19/06 08:40

Hey I had an idea....
Everyone says a method of communication between 3dgs and PHP would be far too slow, except if you do this method:

If a person is planning on making a MMORPG - he/she will have to have money - therefore he/she could buy one computer to host the game, and a second computer on a LAN as a web server, using PHP. Information would go to 3dgs from a PHP webserver on LAN. LAN is fast, compared to the internet, anyway.

Just an idea for all those MMORPG makers!

Thanks,
adoado

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/19/06 09:38

huh, why not use one PC, start the game and run a webserver in background? no need for LAN.
Posted By: adoado

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/20/06 05:37

Lol yer that would work too
But a MMORPG or massive multiplayer game might tend to "hog" system resources....
depends on the game I guess :d

Thanks
adoado
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/20/06 05:55

Quote:

Lol i'm a noob, but where is the html plugin?

Re: The Next Big MMORPG!! *DELETED* - 12/20/06 09:57

http://www.peacekeeper.com/3dgs/http.html

needs some tweaking in the cscript part, yeah, but that's all
© 2024 lite-C Forums