Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed.

Posted By: Shock_Socks

Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 03/29/09 22:25

hello, i am currently in the process of creating a 3D homebrew zelda game. i'm working with a team of 4 core people, including myself, and we are in need of a programmer. so far we have 2 3D modelers/animators, 2 musicians (one of which is also one of the 3D modelers) and me (concept artist, game designer, story writer etc.) were not far in the development of the game, but i should be getting the first 3D model of Link tomorrow. that being said, we need a programmer who can help with the game engine. (Gamestudio i'm not sure what version yet) I can offer no pay, and the game will not be able to be sold for copyright issues, but if you are willing to work for free, then please contact me.
Posted By: Blink

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 03/30/09 17:12

i have a suggestion. look around the forum and check contributions for code. the brilliant david lancaster created several incredible code contributions that may be what can help you along. it wouldnt hurt to give yourself a head start. a lot of us are working on projects or cant afford to work for free. check AUM's and Au as well.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 03/31/09 15:22

...and once again a noob who tries to create a Zelda Game...and once again someone have to tell you that you canīt be the team leader as long as you only wants to say what to do!
Learn programming, play around until you have some experience and start with small projects you can complete in a few weeks or months.
Posted By: lyingmime

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 04/02/09 17:37

Shock Socks, sent you a PM.
Posted By: penut

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 04/02/09 18:21

I Think you need to do what Hummel said or.....IT WILL FAIL!!! Your profile even says you don't even own Game Studio. And for the love of god NO MORE ZELDA!!!! Everyone wants to recreate it but no one can. Do online tutorials and workshops then come back and post your new project after a month or so working with the tutorials and workshops.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 04/02/09 20:32

Originally Posted By: penut
And for the love of god NO MORE ZELDA!!!! Everyone wants to recreate it but no one can.
People can create Zelda, but usually the people who can want to develop their own project.

I can't understand though, why you'd spend so much time to recreate something that's against copyright regulations and will be withdrawn as soon as it's publicised?
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 05/04/09 16:07

Originally Posted By: Hummel
...and once again a noob who tries to create a Zelda Game...and once again someone have to tell you that you canīt be the team leader as long as you only wants to say what to do!
Learn programming, play around until you have some experience and start with small projects you can complete in a few weeks or months.

here with gamestudio
http://www.freewebs.com/ed1988/

anyone know how contact with him
Posted By: Quad

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 05/04/09 18:56

yes, you can contact him via his youtube account. he also has some videos about progress on project.
http://www.youtube.com/user/edlucas1988
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 05/04/09 19:21

Woah! good one!, the clip I mean.

Well, I think its a good idea as it will give you tons of experience in project development, asset creation and so on.
But a full gamae to start, might be a bit of a guesstimate, might not.
Best to just make one level as a test case first if you havnt much experience.

Otherwise, go hard out!
Posted By: DLively

Re: Homebrew Zelda Game, Programmer Needed. - 05/08/09 00:15

if you show some artwork, i might be interested.

I'm fairly experianced in programming...
© 2024 lite-C Forums