Can you make 50 small games

Posted By: GarniSoft

Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 07:13

Hello,

I need about 50 small games. (with sourcecode in lite-c)
It does not matter what game it is.
Shooter, wordgame, tetris, adventure ....

The games must meet the following 2 requirements:

1. the duration of the game must be 3 minutes.
2. the player must gain points.

The gameplay is as follows:

The player starts the game.
The player is asked for a gamecode.
After completing the gamecode the game starts.
The player plays the game and scored points.
After 3 minutes the game stops and the points are stored in a database on the Internet.

Entering the gamecode and save the points in the database I have already made.
I add this code by myself into the gamesource.

I hope you can help me.

I can only pay 5 euro per game. (I don't mind when you give it for free :-))

Please send me an PM if you are interested.
If you have a question please reply.

Example game : http://www.skeks.nl/download.aspx

Do not worry, de game name is virusattack1 :-) it is not a virus!

- gamecode is 11111111
- walk by clicking the left mouse button
- shoot by clicking the right mouse button

Greetings,

Chris
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 07:51

50 games, and "I can only pay 5 euro per game"

yea, good luck..

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 08:31

Thank you.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 11:38

Originally Posted By: GarniSoft
Thank you.
Damocles' point is you're still a dreamer.
I mean 50 game for 5 euro per game?!

Making games isn't easy. How about reading the manual??
Or, if you don't wanna learn, just increase the price and i'll be the first here. wink
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 13:46

If you offer some other service, such
as hosting a mutligame highscore runup, where
people play in quick session over many games,
or something similar, that attracts many people,
on a popular site
you will find many indie gamedevelopers who would want to be included into that system.
Something like a "game modul" in a bigger system.
(as they can promote their game then)

But basically purchasing a newly developed game for 5€ is rediculus.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 14:26

But basically purchasing a newly developed game for 5€ is rediculus.

Idon't agree in Apple Store for 1 or 2 Euros you can find real quality commercial little games.
5 Euros is expensive if you compare what good games you can buy with 3 or 5 Euros in Apple Store !

I don't want to be evil talking mad , but :
i see that the target is very Casual gaming, i think the main goal of the thread is :
HELP ME MAKE LOT OF MONEY, MAKE MY GAMES, I'LL GIVE YOU 5 Euros PER GAME

5 euros is nothing , if people put lot of work, coding and
if only you sell the games and receive the money frown
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 14:34

he never said it was an exclusive sell...?
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 14:43

if i wasnt busy, i would do this aslong as i get a better deal, if u plan to just buy the game after i make it and all i earn overall is 5 bucks then umm, hell no, lol... but if a percentage of sales or something similar were brought to the field then sure laugh

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 14:52

Yeah , the people making your games need some % on the sales indeed laugh !

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 16:58

Thank you guys for the reply's, it's very clear to me how some of you think.

Some of you must get a vacation and calm down.
Without any question for who and for what you already have a meaning about me.

Thanks for the help .... I do it my self.

And yes, I am a dreamer ... and dream of a better world!

Bye, and have a good life.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 18:17

Ah it's this day of the week already, eh.

This is a perfect fine offer GarniSoft made. If it were some newbie wanting to create an MMORPG without paying, then it'd be different, but this... why don't you all just say nothing instead?

Where's this blasted community behaviour heading to?

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 18:36

@Joozey:
The point here is, nobody would make 50 games (!) for 5 euro, even if it was per game.
He should give those games maker a piece of the gain. For example 10%.
Posted By: Emre

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 19:21

Originally Posted By: Joozey
Ah it's this day of the week already, eh.

This is a perfect fine offer GarniSoft made. If it were some newbie wanting to create an MMORPG without paying, then it'd be different, but this... why don't you all just say nothing instead?

Where's this blasted community behaviour heading to?

i agree.
Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
@Joozey:
The point here is, nobody would make 50 games (!) for 5 euro, even if it was per game.
He should give those games maker a piece of the gain. For example 10%.

so, you can say it: "hey man, if you give me %10, i do it."
Please be positive... Don't kill anybody.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 19:35

Quote:

It's per game wink

And if you have a small game that you did times ago on your harddisk, why don't just sell it for a little money? What else should you do with it?! Otherwise you won't earn a cent with this small game.

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 19:40

I'm not even going to start arguing this. We should stop bashing people so fast. I would have done a few games. One can easily create a few different games within a few hours from the same code. That's a fast 20 euro earning there.

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 19:47

Quote:
so, you can say it: "hey man, if you give me %10, i do it."
Which part of "Example" can't you understand?!
Posted By: Quad

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 20:45

anyone dont get me personal but:

c'mon people, if you dont want to make games for 5€ get out of the thread... I am sure there are people out there that will do this...

OK, it could be more like 10€ or something(still i think 5 is ok), but, i say come on, you can do a game like the one in the example link in less than a hour if you got an idea in your mind...
whats all with that "5€ is not enough"... its not even a complete game, it's jut a 100liner.

i would make one or two if i had ideas in my mind, maybe GarniSoft can list some little-game ideas, and people pick one of them and make it.

%10 of sales? your game is %2 of the package, if the deal was %50/%50 shares that would make your share %1 at total. Since he pays 5€ directly your share drops to something like %0.5 (publishing deal wink )

if the the 50game package sold for 10€ %0.5 of it would be 0.05€ and that would make +5euro per 100 game he sells.

If you requested credits, that would be more reasonable.

Now you have calculations,stats and you profit if he gives some the earnings to you... For someone who thinks 5€ is not eneough, then +5€ per 100 sale is not a better deal either.

-Quad.

Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 20:46

@Cowabanga:
I think Emre's point was that you did not suggest a "give-me-a-piece-of-the-gain" model, but instead this is your first post here:
Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
Thank you.
Damocles' point is you're still a dreamer.
I mean 50 game for 5 euro per game?!

Making games isn't easy. How about reading the manual??
Or, if you don't wanna learn, just increase the price and i'll be the first here. wink

Just talking about "increasing the price" has nothing to do with "piece-of-the-gain".

@GarniSoft:
I guess the "problem" here was that you didn't give very much information regarding the purpose of these games and the licence model etc.
So it was just a matter of time for anyone to jump to a conclusion, and I must admit by just reading your first post I had the same idea too.

So maybe you could be so kind and explain a little more about this and you'll probably get some games (maybe not 50) out of this.

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 21:02

Wow, if it's 10 euros per game and credits i'll defiantly make them. laugh
Posted By: badapple

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 21:13

@GarniSoft: dont judge the entire forum on a few posters , when it comes to the members of this community , the good definitly outways the bad

one problem with renegade bunny hunters is , when there are no bunnys to hunt they must find new prey
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/19/09 23:53

I always try to live by if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all
but as Cowabanga managed to rack up 2000 posts in a year of no importance then 1 post of mine won't matter wink

Personally I think €5 for a game or even €10 is absolutely ridiculous! The time and work involved in making even a 3minute game, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with for that amount

Why not offer an incentive for: the most played, or top 3 games submitted will get a % of current / 6month future sales
You'll find a small dent in your profit, but a huge increase in the number of submissions

Sending people on holiday won't get you a game made!

Really not the image you want to portray of yourself, stand by it if you really want a better world!

As badapple says, really don't judge an entire community on a few persons opinions!
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/20/09 06:23

Very well said, MrGuest!
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/20/09 07:53

lol i always see people arguing with cowabanga, LMAO!

@OP, yeh i think you should change your licensing offer to attract more people.

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/20/09 10:46

Quote:
lol i always see people arguing with cowabanga, LMAO!
Yeah. I guess i'll get out from this community someday because of those nice users.
Anyway, i'm out of this thread, duh.

But, i'll explore it for an answer for this quesion:
WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM WITH "Increase the price" ???

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/20/09 12:40

Originally Posted By: badapple
@GarniSoft: dont judge the entire forum on a few posters , when it comes to the members of this community , the good definitly outways the bad

one problem with renegade bunny hunters is , when there are no bunnys to hunt they must find new prey

If you read my post well i said >> some of you

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/20/09 12:41

Originally Posted By: MrGuest
I always try to live by if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all
but as Cowabanga managed to rack up 2000 posts in a year of no importance then 1 post of mine won't matter wink

Personally I think €5 for a game or even €10 is absolutely ridiculous! The time and work involved in making even a 3minute game, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with for that amount

Why not offer an incentive for: the most played, or top 3 games submitted will get a % of current / 6month future sales
You'll find a small dent in your profit, but a huge increase in the number of submissions

Sending people on holiday won't get you a game made!

Really not the image you want to portray of yourself, stand by it if you really want a better world!

As badapple says, really don't judge an entire community on a few persons opinions!

If you read my post well i said >> some of you
Posted By: badapple

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/21/09 00:32

yes i know you said some of us , and i did not mean to say you were judging everyone , to be honest i thought you were a new member and i didnt want you to get the wrong idea about the majority of the members here, but i just noticed you ve been
registerd here 2 years longer than me , (you dont post much) so you know how the people are here already. sorry for any confusion
and good luck getting your games.
cheers
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/21/09 22:20

Before you flame me do not forget that if anyone tries to make a serious offer with promised payment and the intention to go commercial, you have to actually pay your oontractors well. No one wants to get ripped off, even if you agreed to work dirt cheap. IMPORTANT: let us do not mix up "working for free just because of the spirit of game making" and real payed work. That is totally different so don't be biased.

Ok, lets go: What I don't like about Garnisoft posts is the following sentences: "Without any question for who and for what you already have a meaning about me. Thanks for the help .... I do it my self." -- So, why didn't he posted right at the beginning serious details about the project? This is more a broad hint to most of the people here, not for Garnisoft -- I think most of you hounded him out of this house..
I didn't decided here to defend or offend someone but to point that out. In addition, let us make some serious calculations to proof that the offer *is* actually ridiculous in a commercial sense:

50 games for about 5 Euro each is about 250 Euro. If I would do the games in about 27h (calculating 9€ per hour, which is alreay cheap) the fee is alright which means that I would have to spit out a game every 32mins. Ok, lets split up the work on 3-4 days with 8-9 hours for working on this each day. Too bad, that 32mins per game is a really short time period and you have to think about what game you wanna do, too.
Sounds like a bet. I guess, if you don't care about graphics and polishing, don't add any fuzz and exclude the gamedesign phase, you will get certainly in 3-4 days 50 micro-games done.

Seriously.

Although... if you want to have 50 world class mini games, even with the same rate and assumed that the client delivers pre-made graphics and you are just programming it, you have to earn ~7000 Eur. And that is already cheap.

Just my thoughts.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 08/24/09 22:02

I think he was talking about small casual games that are already done, not about one person making all 50 of them.
He wants a collection of mutliple games from different people.
And if you've made a game a while back, like someone has mentioned here, and it's just sitting on your harddrive and melting away, you may as well earn yourself 3 doughnuts with it.
Posted By: Ravyne

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 10/01/09 00:03

I think the thing is he is trying to purchase rights to the game, not just the game. In the apple store and other such sites, a player is purchasing the game. In otherwords instead of only one person purchasing the game, you may have a hundred or more purchasing that game for 3 or 5 euros. No game developer in there right mind would sell the rights to a game for 5 euros. I'm not sure what the equivalent in US dollars are, but I'm pretty sure its not that much of a difference. I know I would NOT sell my newly developed game off to a single person for 5 bucks. That's insane. Now, if I were to sell my game on a site that sells to thousands of people, depending on the game size and content, I may sell it for five bucks on there and give a small percentage to the host. That's how a business works.
Besides, there aren't enough details for this project. Storing scores in a database is fine and dandy but there has to be a bigger point in the matter. If not, its a waste of time and effort for the people who are creating the games. Databasing is child's play when you compare it to creating a game.

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 10/01/09 12:51

I think he wanted to be make a concurrent site to steam with 3DGS laugh

Just my opinion :
If you sell your game for 10 Euros, it has to be really good , well polished and original, caus for 10 Euros you can find really good AAA games not very old , and that you won't see as good made by indies :
Ghost Recon , Painkiller etc ....

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 10/02/09 15:22

And for one euro you can buy heaps of games that are less good. And this guy did not say he did NOT want games that are plain simple and dull.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Can you make 50 small games - 10/02/09 16:16

@GarniSoft
hi i΄m making a mini game. if you΄re interested, contactr me wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums