Looking for a free team to kick things off with

Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Looking for a free team to kick things off with - 12/07/05 06:38

Hey guys, I've been programming C-scripts since the early days of A5, and although I ain't perfect, I have managed (with some help along the way) to create almost anything I've ever needed to create with out fail. Such examples include AIs, inventory systems, user interface with panels, different effects including particals effects, and all of my code is completely origenal (however I have used some AUMs and stuff from the forums as insperation) except for the 2 things I'm not so good at. I can't designer a level to well and my modeling skills aren't anywhere near perfect.

Well let me get to it already . I don't really have anything impressive to post simple because code isn't really something you can post lol unless you guys wanna see hundreds of words.

The kind of game I'm working on is a fusion between runescape, diablo2, warcraft3, and probably other games and influential sources like TV. It's sort of hard to explain it on a forum however I am working on a design document. I've worked on many games with many people, and I've helped alot of people on the forums and I know that if we can work together we can complete a very impressive game.

If your interested send me an instant message on AIM, prenceofdarkness... or send me an email at prenceofdarkness@earthlink.net. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR MASTER MODELORS OR SUPER PRO LEVEL DESIGNERS. I'm looking for people who are tired of working alone and wanna join together to form a team of friends who can keep each other company and share in making what we love the most! GAMES!
Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off with - 12/07/05 07:17

how bout you post some screenshots of some things you made using c-script ? not the code itself but the finishing result

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off with - 12/07/05 08:11

thats the problem bro.. It wouldn't really be anything you can post in an image. For example my player script has many different views and it can move around how would a screen shot capture that? If I show you my panels, it wouldn't be anything special.. I'm a bad artist all I did was make a templete in paint lol.. wanna see that? I don't want people to think of me as a bad artist, but a good scripter. A screen shot like that would help me
Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/08/05 17:23

Site some examples of your script work?
Posted By: DarkShadow

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/09/05 02:15

hello,

i'm a "jack-of-all-trades" but am most skilled in level design and texture design. i might be interested, please tell me some more about the project because i've never played any of the example games you listed. Maybe tell me more about the story, the style, the genre, stuff like that, maybe some screen shots of something similar to your vision. if you have a broadband connection you can check out my portfolio here . i also designed the entire webpage but i hate webdesign so don't ask unless you have money . as for the portfolio, most of the work is mine with the exception of the models, but all level design and most textures were mine. anything that is not mine was created by my previous team mates. anyway, PM me or just post on this thread. Thanks.

James

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/09/05 03:59

dark shadow i sent you a private message.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/15/05 05:01

Anyone else want to join a highly motivated team?
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/17/05 14:39

umm just a suggestion you cant really say your highly motivated until you can prove it by acctually getting round to making and releasing something im not saying that you wnt be highly motivated just suggesting that we need proof somethings acctually gonna get done
Posted By: A.Russell

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/17/05 14:44

The problem is, whoose idea and who leads the project. If it's your idea then what do the others get for working for you? Money is the best motivator to get the things you want done, otherwise other people will mostly just do what they want to do.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/18/05 13:08

well I'm sorry I dont have the green to get others motivated enough to work for me. I though I mentioned I wasn't lookin for pro's or people who do this for a living. I was kind of hoping to starting up a team with people around the same level and who have the same life style as me, which is, I'm a collage student, with a girlfriend and a job, on my time off from the 3 I make games (or try). As far as me giving proof that things will accually get done, well thats kind of hard to show without giving away idea's I've come up with. I mean I have an inventory system that no one else on 3dgs has made (to my knowledge), I'd gladly show my work and progress to anyone who's interested. We're also working on a design document, but it would be a bit stupid on my part to post that here. Like I said, it's easy to show a model or a level, not so easy when it comes to code. Not every level and model designer can understand code, and how can I show code in action? A picture will just show a still vertion of it o_O'

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/18/05 13:10

Oh and I almost forgot, I guess I could release a small demo once I get some more coding done, mabe that'll bring people around
Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/18/05 13:11

Well as i am part of this team (concept and web design) i would glady like to comment on this.

From the first day/night that i begun working with Prence we have done nothing (apart from our social and personel buisness) but work on this first project every single day, we are always in contact with each other and always have something new to present or contribute to the game or project as you may call it.

I would also like to say that Prence is a great person to work with and to also have a good conversation with on our breaks.

I can pretty much give you my word as a human being that this project will be completed and can hopefully become successful at least in the 3dgs forums.

So i would like to say to every modeler or level designer out there that are looking to be in a hard working, co-operative and above all things fun team that this would be a great opportunity

Silent_Assassin

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 12/18/05 13:29

After analyzing, Silent_Assassin comment, I have only have one other addition I'd like to make to his statement:

Quote:

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/09/06 07:36

just to let everyone know we are still looking for team members. I've been working on a design document for people who are interested to look at. Send me a private message if you are.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/18/06 07:07

to update this post i'd like to inform everyone I have finally found a model and level designer. However we still are searching for level designers or model designers who are interested in order to speed things up a bit.
Posted By: sempronius

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/20/06 05:50

I know you are working on a design doc, but, any follow-up or some more details on your project and team members?

just curious

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/24/06 04:32

Well, we've desided to go ahead and make a multiplayer tutorial. The reason for tihs is we believe it will be great experience for the team and will be highly benificial for the community.

In the tutorial we will be making a paintball game (return the flag style). The tutorial will teach new comers to multiplayer, how it works, and how to make the multiplayer syntax work for them. Included will be a varioty of new things like handling inventory systems, and stores where you can buy and sell different things.

We might or might not include a small multiplayer AI (mabe some guards you can hire to help guard the flag). The player will also be given the choice of 3 different characters to choose from, each with it's own strenghts and weaknesses. Also the standard rules of the game can be manipulated through an option menu at the start of the game. Not to mention we'll also have a few different mods to choose from.

This might sound like a very complex project, however it's simple enough to set our focus on a realistic goal. If we can achieve this it will be a great boost to both our team's confidenec level and the over all knowledge of this community.
Posted By: laethyn

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/24/06 15:21

So you've cancelled the game development team and gone with a tutorial development team?

Or what IS the overall goal of the team?
Posted By: sempronius

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/24/06 23:49

I think the goal of the team is to create a multiplayer paintball game plus a tutorial on how to re-create that game.

very ambitious project, but, for everyone who is interested in developing a multiplayer game... it's an opportunity to get invloved and see that this project is completed.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/27/06 00:09

altough it's ambitious it's not that difficult, it'd be a bit more simple compaired to a MMORPG don't you guys think? We haven't cancel our other project, that one is just on hold for now, and we wont forget it because that's what we really want to do. The tutorial was just a way for us to try and help the community out, it wont be a waste of time cuz we will copy the code in to our other game. But for now, yes we're going to be developing a paintball game, followed up by a tutorial on how to recreate it. It's going pretty well, I've combined alot of things I've learned about multiplayer from locoweed and some other sources all over. Of course i've changed the code as much as possible to make it my own, and to fit well into the type of game we'll be making...

We could really use some help, models and small levels would be nice since we want to give the player a choice of where to play and what to use. We could also use some graphic artist because if we can't find one then the community will be stuck with an 8bit color image made in paint for the User Interface stuff, and people might think the tutorial sucks because of it.

Even if you don't wish to commit long term, any art work (or general work) would by great for both my team, and the entire communite once this tutorial is out.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/27/06 00:49

I can see what I can come up with. 1st, or 3rd Person? What are the mechanics and controls? (ie keyboard/mouse map) knowing that, I may be able to come up with some interface designs. No guarantee though. I myself just picked up 3 more contracts for web development, which has slowed down my own project.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/28/06 05:50

it will be w,s,a,d and the arrows keys will also be an option. A and D rotate the player's pan, It will be a 3rd person top view, but I'm planning on probably having all 3 different views (1st person, 3rd person, isometric/top view). I will need an inventory design, and some other things too, but it would be easier if we could talk a bit more instantly. Send me your AIM screen name or something..

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit - 01/28/06 13:53

I refuse to use AIM. I've got a Yahoo IM account (screen name "laethyn"), you can email me at laethyn@laethyn.com as well. Or, alternatively, I can always be found on the messageboard at RASalvatore.com (I run the place).

I apologize in advance if I don't respond right away, dealing with my wife having a misscarriage last night So things are a little weird at home.
© 2024 lite-C Forums