If you can texture levels and more...

Posted By: xuvion

If you can texture levels and more... - 02/03/06 13:21

Hi,

I'm looking for a texture artist to modify one level.

Please provide links to examples of your skills to this address texturejob@xuvion.com. I will then send you a screenshot of the level to re-texture and additional details about this job. You can then send me a quote for the job if you're interested.

Think of it as a paid audition for a part-time job doing textures (and possibly level design). More than one person may apply and be offered a job. Payment will be made via Paypal.

Thanks,

Joshua Park
Xuvion Corp.
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/03/06 16:41

How big is the job and how many levels do you have and how big they are? And what is this 'possibly more'? I think many people would like to know these little things...
Posted By: bluecat

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/03/06 16:43

yes, and what style do you want? sifi or so?

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/04/06 02:08

Quote:

and possibly more

It seems reasonable to assume that people who are good at texturing levels probably picked up their skills while applying it to level design. The job isn't about level design but I'd be open to full level design for future jobs by people who apply for this job.

It's one single level. I thought I was reasonably clear about that but there you have it.

From my point of view, it's not about the genre or style but skill.
Posted By: laethyn

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/04/06 03:20

Quote:

I'm looking for a texture artist who can texture levels

I think that's the part that makes it confusing. ot to be symantically anal retentive. Just pointing out the clarifying statement

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/04/06 04:03

I feel the statement was accurate but I hyper-clarified to avoid obscuring the reason I posted the job. Again, it is to re-texture ONE level but with the implied but open-ended possibility of doing more levels. Only people who have actually done more than one level need apply.

How's that?

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/04/06 15:26

Sorry, I work for a professional author, so I tend to read into minor things a little more than a "normal" person. But I AM normal. My other voice told me so I'd volunteer, but my available time is somehow in the negative for the next little while, and I wouldn't be able to devote enough attention.

I wouldn't put either of us through the headaches of dealing with that sort of situation.

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/05/06 15:13

After re-reading your post several times, I find myself still dazzled by the incoherence of it all.
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/05/06 16:29

he's saying that because of his job he reads into minor things (basically appologising for being picky) the " But I AM normal. My other voice told me so" is a little joke about multiple personalities. And hes saying that he has no free time at the moment so hes sorry but he cant do the job for you, becuase it would be annoying for both of you.

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/05/06 16:50

oi ... Yes, Bilbi has "translated" the intent behind my post (which I thought was quie clear).

Anyways, yes, the final thought was that if I had more time right nw, I'd volunteer, however, I refuse to do projects "half-assed", and I'm sure you don't want a "half-assed" job done, so I won't even bother.

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/05/06 18:41

Umm, yeah. And, I think it would cost too much if I needed a translator as well.
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/05/06 18:57

my rates are cheap *acts innocent*
Posted By: Scramasax

Re: If you can texture levels and more... - 02/08/06 08:20

He wants a texture artist, not an english lesson
© 2024 lite-C Forums