vec_for_vertex and polygons

Posted By: TWO

vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/22/07 19:37

With vec_for_vertex you can get the relative position of a vertex. So is it true that 3 following numbers build a triangle (polygon)?

So this would give me the first triangle of the entity:
Code:

var vert1, vert2, vert3;

vec_for_vertex(vert1,1);
vec_for_vertex(vert2,2);
vec_for_vertex(vert3,3);

Or are the vertex numbers from MED like you build the modell (random)?

Thanks
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/22/07 20:08

they are "random"

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/22/07 20:10

Sh*t! Hmm, ok any other ideas?

Ok, what I need is all polygons of the level to build an exact duplicate of the it (only modells / meants I need 3 vectors with the position of the current polygon)
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 12:02

i am not sure what you want with it and maybe there is a better way..., because you cant create vertexes or faces; you can just move vertexes...

edit: maybe u can do something as the position relative to the objects origin and go trought all vertexes and this which have the same position is the right one...
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 13:59

I needed to do a similar thing. I was hoping to create a script to calculate lighting for models, but I couldn't find the faces...

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 15:22

I need this for a sound plugin. With that you would be able to hear the sounds quieter and have other cool effects behind walls and in special rooms. But hey, let's ask Conitec.

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 15:53

I tried, JCL simply said that I should look into writing a plugin using DX mesh commands. Unfortunatly, I don'y know sh*t about C++

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 15:55

I just gave more thought to your project. How are you going to tell where the sound is? I could see how a trace would work to tell if theres somethin in the way, but how are you going to use model polygons to do this? (I'm assuming your using model-based levels...)

Re: vec_for_vertex and polygons - 03/23/07 16:40

Easy. I'm using FMOD for my plugin, I just have to pass all polygons of the level and turn on the effect modifier.

Ok, this is a good solution, I should have known that myselfe Thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums