GUI Editor Error

Posted By: Rush

GUI Editor Error - 10/25/07 15:37

Hello everyone...

I tried the one of the demos called GUI Editor by Sir Dennis Keil. I was able to extract everything but the executable won't run. Gives this error message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I tried going to <www.3d-dk-simulations.de.tc> so I could download the latest version from there. But I couldn't extract the file from that website. Can you guys help me out. Thanks in advance
Posted By: D3D

Re: GUI Editor Error - 10/25/07 15:51

Just looked on their website and downloaded the latest version. Not yet run this program though. Anyways in the documentation there is a big red text in the Exporting section with the notice: exporting not available in demo version!

[edit]

So now I tried this demo, but nothing really works?
Posted By: dennis

Re: GUI Editor Error - 10/26/07 16:04

Hi!

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I don't know why this error occurs...on my system I can execute the executable.
Which windows version have you?

Quote:

Anyways in the documentation there is a big red text in the Exporting section with the notice: exporting not available in demo version!

This has nothing to do with the error. It is just a feature that is available in the full version which is not published yet.

Quote:

But I couldn't extract the file from that website.

The file is a WinRar-Zip-file and you should be able to extract it with WinZip or WinRar.

Quote:

So now I tried this demo, but nothing really works?

Well...the GUI Editor is stil in development. However the application should start and you should be able to configure the panel which will be shown. It is probably a bit confusing because of the little documentation.
I will try to make a video of this soon.
© 2024 lite-C Forums