EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...)

Posted By: Tobias

EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/04/09 18:41

I found that EasyParticle3 although it was made with an early A6 version still works well with A7. So I started making a version that generates lite-C particle code instead of the old ugly WDL code. Its partially finished, lite-C code is generated for basic effects, not yet for composed effects. But I thought I upload the changes anyway, maybe someone can already use them.

You need to install the original easyparticles3, then do some modifications that I've written in the readme file in the attached ZIP. It now starts with "main.wdl", not "mainpart.wdl".

The main problem was that TripleX had the layers of some panels wrong, for this reason many panels did not work, I think I fixed most of them but maybe I forgot some.

Attached File
easyparticle3.zip  (469 downloads)
Posted By: Hitsch

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/04/09 18:56

Very nice contribution. Easy particles is a great way to get into particles, helped me a lot.
Converting it to Lite-C can be very hard for a beginner, so great to have this.
Posted By: GamerX

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/04/09 19:34

Ahh nice i started doing the same thing but then i figured it would be faster to just take the 10 sec to convert the wdl code.

GJ.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/12/09 09:02

Great! smile

EDIT: Not great. Can't download it. Just downloading a file with 0 bytes.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/12/09 09:14

Same here, zero length file, damaged link maybe?

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/12/09 09:20

Now i know why the people don't use the attachments.
Posted By: nfs42

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/14/09 09:23

works here with firefox
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/14/09 09:55

Works now with IE, maybe a temporary provider glitch.
Will look at code later.

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 02/14/09 16:15

Now it works...
Posted By: VeT

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 03/10/09 16:14

is this project still alive? as i remember, there were some troubles with it, whats with it now?
Posted By: Tobias

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 03/11/09 11:58

I had not much time to work on it lately, but I still plan to finish it some day, but maybe someone else also can take over? The following 3 things are still to do:

First, TripleX used hundreds of panels but many had the same layer value and overlapped, so they sometimes are in the wrong order and dont work. All the layer values must be changed so that they are all different.

Second, the file "generate_script.wdl" must be changed to generate a lite-C script also for sprites and complex effects. This is pretty straightforward, in most cases only a "my." must be replaced by a "pp.".

Third, the menu bar is too large for my taste, I like is smaller, which means the menu panel positions must be changed. But this is a matter of taste.
Posted By: VeT

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 03/18/09 14:50

That's pitty that nobody can help you finish this project... i'd be glad for help, but for now i have more then enough problems with Wrapper.
Posted By: 3DGSDutch

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 12/24/09 21:43

When comes the next update?
Posted By: aenkku

Re: EasyParticle3 for lite-C (sort of...) - 12/27/09 16:34

Thank you very, very much smile
© 2024 lite-C Forums