framerate boost...

Posted By: Blink

framerate boost... - 03/13/10 21:49

ok, well I am having a little trouble. my player model walks fine in one direction, but when he turns in another direction to go around a corner, the level slows down a bit and he moves in slow motion. how can i fix this. I looked in the project manager, and increased the fps, but it really didnt help. I clipped, and added fog, and i am using trace boosters on items, so they only appear when i get close enough. i am not sure what to do now. any thought?
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 22:11

Press F11, and watch the values to see what makes the biggest impact on the framerate, to get an idea what the matter could be.

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 23:11

odd thing is, when i delete some of my entites, the framerate comes back.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 23:16

have you used LOD in the level? what's the poly count of the entities you've removed to increase the frame rate?
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 23:18

What are the specific properties of that entities?
High poly count? An action that only applies to them?
Can you see any differences in the figures of the statistics in the debug panel?

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 23:44

i might have to re-think the level, i just deleted the entity i added and the framerate is back. i just didnt want to have two levels when i could have all the entities on one level.

Re: framerate boost... - 03/13/10 23:47

no lod on the level, and the entity is a map entity i made in wed, a construction trailer, so not a lot of polys. i will probably replace it with something simple on the level instead.
© 2024 lite-C Forums