About sounds

Posted By: 3run

About sounds - 12/02/10 12:42

I have some problems with sounds...
When I play too same sounds at the same time (for example if player one and two shoot together), then sounds starts jerking... (the second one).
How can I prevent that?
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: About sounds - 12/02/10 14:32

If player two is jerking off you have done something wrong.

@Topic: What do you mean with jerking? Maybe it is just an echo effect which happens when two identically sounds are played one after the other in a short time
Posted By: painkiller

Re: About sounds - 12/02/10 15:45

maybe you can define two SOUND* one for each player, I don't know if that will solve the problem.

Re: About sounds - 12/02/10 17:14

Yes TheLiam, something like "echo", when two identically sound are played at the same time (or short time between them, as you said, example when two players shooting from the same type weapons at the same time). What can I do to fix that? It looks too weird frown

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 05:30

Any one!
Posted By: wdlmaster

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 07:22

you could use snd_tune to slightly altering the sound's frequency. BUT this also leads to a "flanger" effect if the frequencies are nearly identical. Better use more sounds and select them randomly.

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 10:42

But how can I select different sounds for one type of weapon? For example desert eagle, it has its shooting sound, do you mean that I need use two different sounds for it?! That isn't good solution I guess... Is that engines bug?? Or thats because A7's sound engine is sucks?? If you think that I made something wrong in my script, I can post it here.

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:25

Quote:
...do you mean that I need use two different sounds for it?!

no matter how many sounds you use. The more the better. Other games also use different sounds for weapons.
Code:
char s = random(5);
if s == 0 then ent_playsound(...)
if s == 1 then ent_playsound(...)
if s == 2 then ent_playsound(...)

or something like that. You could also use SWITCH instead of IF...
Quote:

Is that engines bug??

no
Quote:

Or thats because A7's sound engine is sucks??

no. But the sound system sucks indeed.
Quote:

If you think that I made something wrong in my script, I can post it here.

no, that's normal. If two identical sounds play at nearly the same time, some frequencies of the sound are "earsed".

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:32

Not much games uses two different sounds for same weapons. Could you tell me one? laugh Look at the half like for example, or counter strike. Why do they use one sound for each weapon's shoot? Something is wrong, or with my script or with engine... Must be an other solution for this. With out using "integer(random(3))"... And by the way, I use "snd_play" not "ent_playsound". Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:37

OR you take A8 when the new sound library is added.

In about 847493748 year maybe...with the other PhysX features

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:39

Hahahaha grin not too much left to wait...

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:40

by "different sounds" i mean a variation of the sound. Because if EVERY shot sounds exactly the same, the whole thing sounds way to ... well ... artifical (?). Did you try the snd_tune() method? Maybe that's your solution already...

and NO, it's no problem with your script (as is said).

Re: About sounds - 12/03/10 11:49

I think problem is that second sound over-writes the first one... And thats where "echo" comes from I guess... May be there is an other solution? I think using "snd_tune" will make sound too odd...
© 2024 lite-C Forums