Excess scaling problem

Posted By: The_KING

Excess scaling problem - 08/06/13 01:23

Hello, everyone

I started making my first game a couple of months ago and kept facing problems. Every time I solve the problem and the bug is gone, another one comes in the way.

My bug is excess scaling. I downloaded a model file that contains furniture collection (a wardrobe, a chair, a table...etc. in one file). I removed all faces and vertices and let only a chair model. Then, from transform global I chose center model. Then, I saved the model....

When I add it in WED, its size seems very ordinary and normal. But, at runtime ,the model becomes VERY HUGE and I don't know why that's happening.....

If any of you guys know the reason for the problem ,tell me about it

Thank you for reading & any help will be appreciated
Posted By: Nems

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/06/13 01:38

Possibly you have the scale value set in WED or in script....
Other than that there is no reason, given your description, for the scaling issue that I can think of straight away....
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/06/13 08:05

Show us one model as example (via download) so that we can verify the error.

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/06/13 23:40

Originally Posted By: Nems
Possibly you have the scale value set in WED or in script....

I don't have script for it and yes, I changed the scale factor in WED ,but I changed it into the normal size you'll see in the picture below

Here's the download link for the model:

Click me!
Posted By: sivan

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/07/13 06:34

if you get models from free resources, their scaling can be very different from what is needed in 3dgs. normally I have to scale them in MED, e.g. meter to quant requires *64.

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/07/13 12:55

oK, scaling issue is now solved.....

But I want to put the chair close to the table ,and this slows down the game because of collision. How to disable the collision of the chair with the table and only the table?
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/07/13 13:12

What was the problem with scaling entities?

And why do you have a collision check between tables and chairs in your game? oO
Posted By: sivan

Re: Excess scaling problem - 08/07/13 13:24

set its POLYGON flag to get real shape collision but it is more performance costy.
© 2024 lite-C Forums