No chart with results

Posted By: jlittle984

No chart with results - 09/21/12 17:20

Hi All,

I'm working through the tutorial, using Zorro v. 0.99.4, and when I run/test a script and click results. I get the text output in the script editing window, but no visual chart.

Is this just newbie pilot error? Do I need to enable something? There are very few user configurables on the terminal itself. I'm running on WinXP.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

JL
Posted By: jcl

Re: No chart with results - 09/22/12 07:03

Have you really 0.99.4? You should see this number in the message window when Zorro starts. The bug you've described was from the version before, 0.99.

Re: No chart with results - 09/22/12 13:11

Thanks for the reply jcl,

Afraid so - I downloaded the new version and I'm looking at the console as I write - I'm definitely running 0.99.4. Should I revert to a previous version until a new executable is released? Let me know if you want me to look for a debug log or something if it would help in locating the problem.

Regards,
JL

Re: No chart with results - 09/25/12 09:35

No, a previous version will not solve such a problem.

Navigate to the Zorro folder and double click the "ZView.Exe" program. Does it start?
Posted By: Gattaca

Re: No chart with results - 09/25/12 11:22

Check if there are any *.png files in the log folder. Before pressing the result button, be sure you have an instrument (EUR/USD, SPX500 ...) selected !
Posted By: TankWolf

Re: No chart with results - 09/25/12 12:35

I have the exact same problem definately am running the correct Zorro version but my ZView.Exe program does not start and the charts are not popping up automatically and yes I am making sure I have the asset selected. They are being created in the log folder & can be opened from there though.

Re: No chart with results - 09/26/12 07:20

Same story as TankWolf. I definitely have an instrument selected and did see a .png in there somewhere. I haven't tested the zView.exe but will ASAP. I suspect the same results as TankWolf, but will test and update ASAP.

Re: No chart with results - 09/26/12 08:46

Thanks! Please let me also know if a) ZView gives you an error message, or does silently just not start, and b) which Windows version you're using.

Re: No chart with results - 09/26/12 12:03

Im running Windows XP and I get an error saying the application failed to run because the application configuration is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Re: No chart with results - 09/27/12 01:20

OK - here are my results. When I run a test and print results (pair selected of course), I do not get any error messages. The viewer does not launch (no indication of error) and the script editor opens with presumably the data we want to see graphically. No error messages when this occurs.

When I click on Zview in the program directory, I get the following message (Same as TankWolf:

C:\Program Files\Zorro\Zview.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Also running Win XP.

PS - can I get a version of this that runs on Ubuntu???

Re: No chart with results - 10/02/12 07:43

No Ubuntu version, sorry. We could do a Linux version of Zorro, but the broker interface would not work.

- Please download and install the following file:

http://server.conitec.net/down/vcredist_x86_2005_sp1.exe

Please let me know if this fixes the problem and you can then start ZView on XP.

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 10:52

I downloaded the executable and ran it, still didnt fix the problem though.

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 12:23

Hmm. It does run on our XP systems, but that does not mean much as they are very old and there's a lot installed on them. Which service pack version is your XP system?

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 12:44

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 12:51

Ok. Can you do a little experiment for me? You can find the "Dependency Walker" on this website:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Download, install, and start it, and open ZView.exe with it. It will then show you a list of modules required for running ZView. Missing modules are marked in red or with a yellow question mark. Please let me know which modules are missing on your system.

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 13:08

Quote:

"Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program files\zorro\ZVIEW.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module."

IESHIMS.DLL
WER.DLL
(These 2 files have Error Opening File. The system cannot find the specified (2).)

MPR.DLL
(This file has a red square but has data in all the fields unlike the two DLLs above.

Re: No chart with results - 10/04/12 13:25

Ok, thanks. That info should be enough for making it work on XP.

Re: No chart with results - 10/05/12 17:09

Hey jcl - my Zview is still non-functional with release 1.01. Can you clarify your last comment? Does that mean these dlls will be included in a future release, or you are expecting us to locate the missing dlls and get them into our systems?

Thanks!

Re: No chart with results - 10/08/12 07:18

Either the dlls or a different ZView version will be included in the next release.

Until then, you can use just any other image viewer instead of ZView. ZView is not really part of Zorro, but just an open source image viewer. Anything that displays PNG files - f.i. the Windows fax viewer, or Irfanview or any other image program - will do as well. Zorro creates the chart images in the Log subfolder.

Re: No chart with results - 10/22/12 14:22

Here's a version that (hopefully) will also run on XP and old PCs:

http://server.conitec.net/down/zview.zip

Please unzip into your Zorro folder. Let me know if there are still problems.
Posted By: PriNova

Re: No chart with results - 11/06/12 07:40

With this fix it works on win 7. i had the same problem like others
© 2024 lite-C Forums