Friday trading

Posted By: yebit

Friday trading - 06/12/16 14:47

Been reading through the manual and I can't comprehend this paragraph under System Variables/BarPeriod/remarks:

>>
Because bars start and end at day/hour boundaries, Friday daily bars end at Saturday 00:00 midnight when Weekend is at 1. The markets are closed at that time, therefore no trades can normally be entered after a Friday bar. For trading on Fridays, either don't use daily bars or set BarOffset accordingly so that the Friday bar ends earlier when the markets are still open.
<<

Does this mean by default no trading can take place on Fridays? And if so, what is BarOffset set to in order to enable Friday trading? Is Friday trading not recommended?

I'm not trying to do anything advanced, I'm just trying to plot a weekly graph using workshop4 and IndicatorTest.

thanks.
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Friday trading - 06/12/16 15:07

You can not trade Saturday midnight. The markets are not open at that time.

Workshop 4 has no daily bars, and you should have no problem to plot a graph with it, but when you want daily bars, and want to let them end at midnight, you can not trade after the Friday bar.
Posted By: yebit

Re: Friday trading - 06/13/16 04:56

I didn't say I couldn't comprehend English, I said I couldn't comprehend the paragraph, which says you have to make special considerations if you want to trade on a Friday, and I wasn't sure why Friday was a particularly special day compared to the other open days of the week.

It's pretty gruelling going through the manual, I've spent hours trying to get weekly bars, and I find and the end of remarks on the BarPeriod page to use framesync (a typo, the s should be capitalised) for weekly timeframes. But it doesn't make a difference.

I have no problem driving a car, and nor do most people judging by how many of them there are, but Zorro is no walk in the park, and don't pretend otherwise.
© 2024 lite-C Forums