[Engine] improving

Posted By: VeT

[Engine] improving - 07/23/09 13:25

One more idea came to me smile
Would be nice, if compiler build every file separately from others... In this way, building of a huge projects would be a lot faster
For example, i have 30 files, and now i'm working only with one of them, but every launch i need to wait about 5-6 seconds before they all recompiles
Posted By: jcl

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/23/09 13:28

The compiler can not compile files separately when they share functions or variables. But a dll compiling option is planned.

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/23/09 13:31

Thats bad frown
Anyway, thanks for answer.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/23/09 13:44

Any ideas on roughly how far away (time-wise) the DLL option is?

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/24/09 13:23

Another engine improving:
can you modify level_load (STRING* filename) to something like level_load (STRING* filename, var percent) so we would be able to:
- create huge levels without long loads, next part of level could be load dynamically, and user even wouldnt notice that (like in Dungeon Siedge)
- play script cutscenes while level loads
Posted By: HeelX

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/25/09 00:09

Originally Posted By: VeT
can you modify level_load (STRING* filename) to something like level_load (STRING* filename, var percent) so we would be able to:
- create huge levels without long loads, next part of level could be load dynamically, and user even wouldnt notice that (like in Dungeon Siedge)
- play script cutscenes while level loads

Tell me: how do you define the level parts which belong to which "percentage range"

These "features" are overcharging the way WMB files are meant to be. If you need to dynamically load your levels then build your own level format beside WMB.

Re: [Engine] improving - 07/27/09 13:52

//Tell me: how do you define the level parts which belong to which "percentage range"
Any variant,that you can imagine: even if i would be able to load some percentage of all vertexes... Or, as variant, load the level in another thread, so the game wouldnt slow
© 2024 lite-C Forums