NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1

Posted By: DONJEEP

NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/10/14 04:24

I live in Philippines running evaluations of Zorro scripts on two computers. Even though I have NFA flag set to 0, no matter what preloaded script I run they allways revert to a NFA status, but when I recheck NFA flag in setup it is always still at 0. Any help resolving would be appreciated. This happens on both FXCM test account and a MT4 account with different brokers.
Posted By: jcl

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/10/14 08:25

As to my knowledge, there is no "NFA" in the Philippines. How do you know that you're in NFA mode when you have not set the NFA flag?

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/19/14 10:10

WHENEVER I HAVE TO REBOOT. I GET NFA NOTIFICATION ON LOGIN WITH BROKER. IE. Z3 WILL ONLY THEN GIVE ME CURRENCIES. NO GOLD AND SILVER. I AM LOGGED IN WITH FXCM IN GB. ORIGINALLY THEY WERE DEFAULTING ME TO A US ACCOUNT. BUT HAD THEM CHANGE THAT. IT WORKED FINE FOR A WHILE. BUT UPON A POWER REBOOT CAME BACK UP SAYING "NFA" IN THE LOGIN AREA EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LOGGED TO SAME ACCOUNT. IS IT MAYBE A FXCM PROBLEM AND NOT ZORRO?

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/20/14 08:44

What do you mean with "I GET NFA NOTIFICATION ON LOGIN WITH BROKER"?

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/20/14 13:29

WHEN I LOG IN TO BROKER ACCOUNT THE LAST LINE GIVES ME AN NFA STATUS AND ONLY ALLOWS CURRIENCIES I THINK BUG IN UR PROGRAM OR MAYBE POSSIBLY PICKING UP OLD CACHE IN MY COMPUTER. SOMETHING IS FORCEING ZORRO TO THINK NFA BUT LIKE I SAID WHEN I CHECK SETTINGS IT IS STILL ON 0 NOT 1

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/20/14 13:31

I AM RUNNING SAME Z3 ON ANOTHER COMPUTER BUT CONNECTED TO DIFFERENT BROKER VIA MT4 BRIDGE AND DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/20/14 13:33

ALSO NOTICE THAT THEY TRADE DIFFERENTLY. ON THE ACCOUNT I HAVE PROBLEM IT IS 50,000 DEMO AND TAKES MANY MORE TRADES THEN MT4 WITH ONLY 3,000 I ASSUME IT IS CAPITAL DIFFERENCE THAT IS MAIN CAUSE. AM I CORRECT?

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/20/14 15:03

Can you post here that last line with the NFA status? I'm currently still not sure what your problem is.

And no, it does not matter for trading how much you have on your demo account - only what you set up with the Margin slider matters.

And one last piece of advice: Please check the Caps Lock key on your keyboard.

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/21/14 02:59

Sorry about caps will watch in future posts..Since this NFA problems seems only to be with FXCM, have removed both their download and Zorro on this computer. Will download new demo with them and also Zorro and see if this repeats as it has been doing last 10 days no matter what I do. Re trade difference between Global Prime MT4 bridge and FXCM API then don't understand. both sliders set to default of Z3 and yet many more trades entered with FXCM and the only difference was amount of starting equity. Maybe I will not use there standard platform and go with the MT4 offering...but they do charge extra per trade to use it. Will keep you informed and would like to try live on Z3 once I compare brokers .. Thanks for your help.

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/21/14 07:32

jcl
Just went to another fxcm/gb practice account but went with browser version. However when Loaded Zorro and gave new account here is what I got back.
"FXCM dll=>FXCM...st UTC21.01.07.12
Demo Version
Z system 3.22
Ini= NFAFX MMax 100 Weekend 7 Verb2
(It then loaded the 3 Z3 currencies)
Trade Z3 portfolio (NFA) 21.01 20.14
Read Z3.fac Z3.par
523 Tue 21.010712]50000 +0 +0

Do not know what to do next NFA setting still 0

PS Running this on Windows 8.1 other machine with no problems Vista

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/21/14 08:06

Ok, the problem is then clear: You've set the NFA flag either in your Z.ini or in your Z3.ini file. This has nothing to do with your broker, it's your own setting. When you were looking for it I suppose you looked in the wrong file.

Open Z.ini or Z3.ini again, depending on what ini.file you're using, and set that flag back to 0. I see that you've also modified other settings, I suggest that you set all back to the default again.

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/24/14 06:38

Deleted Zorro and downloaded new... presently no problem. But I am pretty sure if I turn off computer and uprestart the NFA will be there.. Bug in your software but know not where. but I seem to be able to work around..

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/24/14 14:08

Well, I admit that a bug that takes over your PC, opens your Z.ini file in a text editor, makes evil modifications to that file, closes it and removes all traces of his activity has to be a highly unusual and interesting bug. Once you see it, let me know.

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/30/14 03:46

No disrespect, maybe ghost in my machine... tried checking .ini files with following results... had to reboot this machine while running z12 all ok upto reboot..now NFA back. Went into Z.ini and found it at 0 (zero) but still NFA. Tried going into Z12.ini and was told file not found..any ideas?

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 01/30/14 07:53

Check if UAC is activated on your PC. In that case, a shadow copy of Z.ini is kept in your VirtualStore folder, normally under Users/YourName/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files. You can find details in the "Getting started" chapter.

If you now edit Z.ini and set the NFA flag, you're editing the shadow copy, not the original in your Zorro folder. That might explain why you didn't find the changes anymore.
Posted By: Radar

Re: NFA MODE HAPPENS EVEN WHEN NOT SET TO 1 - 02/01/14 00:05

Another option is to first make sure nobody else has access to your computer, then never, Never, NEVER install any trading software into either Program Files or Program Files(x86).

UAC = Useless Asinine Crap!
© 2024 lite-C Forums