custom rendering

Posted By: sheefo

custom rendering - 10/21/08 22:01

In the manual it says to return 1 from the material event to prevent the entity from being rendered. I have set ENABLE_RENDER and have a dummy technique just like in the manual (http://manual.conitec.net/prog_faq.htm).

Why does the entity still render itself?! I have tested it in C++ and LiteC. In C++ I tried as 1 and 1024 (_VAR(1)).
Posted By: jcl

Re: custom rendering - 10/23/08 06:45

I've tried it and returning _VAR(1) still suppresses the rendering by the engine. Maybe you've also set another material event besides ENABLE_RENDER?

Re: custom rendering - 10/23/08 18:10

I does not work in 7.50 frown

I tried in 7.10 and it worked. I tried again in 7.50 and it doesn't work. Must be a bug.

Re: custom rendering - 10/24/08 07:22

We have indeed changed that part of the code in 7.50. But it works here and when I look into the code, I see nothing suspicious. So I need an example where it does not work - can you upload the project or send it to Support?

Re: custom rendering - 10/25/08 11:40

I have just copied the code from the manual and tested it in a C++ app and in LiteC with some entities created with ent_create.

In 7.10 it works, the event is called and when I return 1 the mesh is not rendered by the engine. In 7.50 the event is called and dispite returning 1 the mesh is still rendered by the engine.

I have also noticed that models with no texture (even if it was assigned a material effect in MED) will not render. This didn't happen in 7.10.
Posted By: Spirit

Re: custom rendering - 10/26/08 09:20

Originally Posted By: The Bug List
Models without skin texture were not displayed (fixed in A7.54; they are now displayed with a white skin). Workaround: Don't create models without skin texture.

Posted By: Slin

Re: custom rendering - 10/26/08 10:02

I have the same problem with ENABLE_RENDER.

Re: custom rendering - 10/27/08 10:26

I think I found the problem now. This will be fixed in the next update.

Re: custom rendering - 10/27/08 18:38

Thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums