The " iŽd love to make a game like that" thread!!!

Posted By: sPlKe

The " iŽd love to make a game like that" thread!!! - 10/06/07 17:54

Pretty self explanatory...

Well, iŽd love to make a castlevania like game. maybe in 3D, but who knows?

i have it everything in my heead, i just need to do it..
why im not doing it? im not good enough...

but one day it will happen... and it will be what i want it to be... wherether its good or bad, it will be the way I want it^^
Posted By: Endgegner

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 18:45

I guess I shouldn't even say that out loud before someone does that before me, but I'd love to have a SimTower remake... I loved that game .
Posted By: ello

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 18:49

well ... i'd like to make a game at least no serious.. i seem to not be able to finish anything
Posted By: Joozey

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 19:44

Yup, I'd love just to finish a game.

And it would be a nice action adventure like zelda or maybe odd world, 2.5D games are funny to ensamble
Posted By: achaziel

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 19:48

hm, i'd love to finish a game as well. besides: i'd love to make a game like silent hill...
Posted By: Damocles

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 20:05

IŽd like to make a complete Wasteland-RPG one day...
But I like to try so many things, that single projects grow only to a certain
size.
Posted By: padrino

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 20:34

I would really love to make an reconstruction of some ancient sight... I started one awhile ago but really never had time or knowledge to seriously work on it...
I imagined little infospots where the user could - well - inform himself about certain items or buildings.
Would have been pretty cool I think...
Posted By: Inestical

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 20:35

I'd like to do these things:

1) Force Ambassador to finish BlendX
2) Get used to the engine
3) Make models and scenes
4) Finish the AI theory
5) Implement the AAI
6) Make epic RPG using BlendX + AAI + Blender
7) Get rich

Respectively ^^
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/06/07 22:30

i have got sooooo many ideas, but if i start, i also stop that fast again, so that i can only make mini, really mini- games or maybe a demo of something, but never a game. At time i am working at a smaller project with our friend achaziel and we hope we can finish it. That would be a really big step.

But personally i just want to make a great and lots-of-copies-selling game...and it will be never translated to France.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 02:26

just for practice' sake, i'd love to make a 2.5D soldat clone. of course the programming would be easy, but such a small game would enable me to complete things like art assets to a satisfactory level without wasting tremendous amounts of time on the project.

i would LOVE to make a car game in future. one with lots of shader effects -- i find shader programming is heaps of fun and i'd enjoy seeing what i can do with them when i finish my HSC and get a few months off.

julz
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 06:51

I don't want to remake anyones games, because that would just suck

I want to make my own, something that pushes ESRB ratings, something so gory, scary, and terror-full (yes, I just made that up)..... something wicked

But I don't have the time
Posted By: Endgegner

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 08:20

Quote:

just for practice' sake, i'd love to make a 2.5D soldat clone.

Seconded. Soldat was fun.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 08:42

I would like to make at least a decent looking demo
Posted By: achaziel

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 17:29

soldat kicked ass indeed.

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 17:59

Quote:

what is holding you back? you do so nice models, build a whole scene and there you go!
Posted By: Joey

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 20:17

i'd like to make a keen remake.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 20:53

Quote:

Quote:

what is holding you back? you do so nice models, build a whole scene and there you go!

Shadows, lights, shader and a scene-management taking all those things into account.

I am looking for help. Do you want to join?
Posted By: Inestical

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 21:25

Quote:

Quote:

just for practice' sake, i'd love to make a 2.5D soldat clone.

Seconded. Soldat was fun.

You mean Soldat IS fun? =)

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/07/07 22:33

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Shadows, lights, shader and a scene-management taking all those things into account.

I am looking for help. Do you want to join?

of course, if i can
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/08/07 02:38

I'd like to make a modern Piracy game set in the South China Sea.
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/08/07 02:39

well I wouldn't want to remake any game, but I'd love to model myself with a higher poly count
Posted By: flits

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/08/07 20:51

i cant model,texture and shaders i am learing if you look in my wed file you while see there is nothing in and i am learing since to day shaders(i feel noobies again) and my favriot is scripting

most things i do all the time on gs is using sed and a litte bit of med

and i hope some one can teach me how shaders work so guitarxxx(thx btw again) doest have to help me every time white my shader problems

and i hate templates and plugins so i want realy learn to do everthing myself execpt models and textures(sounds realy imported almost forgotten)

pfff to long storry i stop here
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/09/07 00:58

I'd really like to make a 3D action-platformer about a cat who delivers sushi for a living but then everything goes all screwy and there is a huge scheme to destroy libraries and built food courts everywhere, and she'd have this friend who is a genetically modified sugar glider who is addicted to cotton candy, and they get marooned on this mystical mountain, and the player gets all upset and storms off the screen, only to be replaced by a Chechen stand-in character for the 4th act of the game in the Chicken Dimension.

Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/09/07 07:35

I really would love to finish games at all, really, this would help me so much...

And i also have a "dream" project in my head which i won't even start to work on cause i don't feel like i have enough knowledge, skill and motivation to get anything done of it. So it will keep a mindproject for the rest of my life
Posted By: Nems

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/09/07 08:12

Magic Carpet is what I'd really like to remake, casting spells and all that while flying is pretty cool
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/10/07 15:09

i'd like to make:

a puzzle bobble style arcade game - Planned, will be the next game (shhhh)

a survival horror game, that includes puzzles and gameplay from all genres - Planned already...gotta make a team first

a half life like shooter, but not steal to much from HL - Planned, still working on the story

a big name mech game, can't see any that are like the one i wish to make - Planned, will be worked on sometime next year or after

Honestly...this is only half the games we have planned after PreVa's done then i'll finally get to start on another game

and if you guys can't finish games, why don't you work for us jk, but you never know
Posted By: Joozey

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/10/07 22:24

because we want to finish good games jk as well
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/11/07 15:33

Quote:

because we want to finish good games jk as well

but in all honesty....if a good enough price was offered, i think you would

just to speak my mind:

i guess it'll all ride on how good our current one is, "your first 10 games will suck" or so they say...but i'm not so sure about that with PreVa...we have full rendered cutscenes, voice acting, etc...i really do wonder how much of a success it will be, the demo was crap, but it's skyrocketed beyond that....ah well

if you don't mind me rambling
Posted By: Helghast

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/12/07 12:07

RESIDENT EVIL!!!!
or condemned (A)

a horror survival in any case!

regards,
Posted By: MrCode

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/13/07 01:46

I'm in the middle of a small "sandbox" game where you can do pretty much anything you want (to a certain extent, ).

I'm having a hard time maintaining my motivation, though. I can't seem to implement the ability to pick up physics objects with the mouse while they're disabled.
Posted By: Nems

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/16/07 09:37

if(mouse_ent = 1 && object_ID = Ph_ent)
{
ph_event();
} ...maybe ?

but yeah, Ive never done a remake, just base my gameplay around Half Life 1 as Halo did, its a winner but still, a remake would be cool for quite a few games.

If I could, what would I do...?
Posted By: ventilator

Re: The " iŽd love to make a game like that" threa - 10/16/07 09:54

i'd like to make a rescue helicopter game. kind of like simcopter but more in the mountains instead of a city.
© 2024 lite-C Forums